issues with normal sleeping

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by emptyinside08, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emptyinside08

emptyinside08 Member

so i usually can't sleep. i lay and toss and turn trying. counting sheep doesnt work. so far all i have found is getting expensive. drinking two monsters around 4 pm. anyone else know of a cheaper way?

2. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

I can't imagine drinking two monsters around 4pm helps with your sleep. Usually what I do if I can't get to bed is focus on specific parts of my body with my mind and try to relax them and then move throughout my whole body until I'm relaxed... helps for me sometimes.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I read a book, something difficult to read because it tires out my brain, sounds silly but it really helps. Either that or I watch a movie in a similar vein. Give it a shot, it's so draining that it'll usually send me to sleep within the hour.

Also make sure your room is a comfortable place, it should look like somewhere you want to sleep in.

Change your diet, it could be contributing significantly.
    Avoid the Monsters caffeine drinks = very bad.

4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe anyone would drink mega-energy high caffeine drinks late in the day because they want to sleep better at night.:dry:

5. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

I sit on me comp allday =) from 10 am - bout half 1 in the mornin. then watch tv until 4 am.
    its does the trick xD ur eyes hurt =) u just fall to sleep

6. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

lol I imagine they drink energy drinks so they don't crash super hard cause they didn't get a lot of sleep, not to help them sleep better :D

7. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

makes sense :biggrin:

reminds me of what I did when I worked evening shift.But 2?One is enough..if it isn't..it's probably addiction to the high.I recommend a long walk for energy instead of the monsters.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi,Jase

Try having a relaxing bath before sleep, and then read :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.