It´s the things that I have no control over that make me want to kill myself.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anonymous1234, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous1234

Anonymous1234 Member

So far literally nothing good has ever happened to me in this life. Extreme bullying growing up, had an abusive father and an alcoholic mother and I was always unattractive to women because of my unattractive face. None of this was my fault. I got dealt a terrible hand in this life and I always tried to make the most of it, but nothing ever changes. Suicide seems logical and rational. Looking back it´s amazing how little control we have over lives.

I´m 27 and feel like I have absolutely maximized my potential and the results are still extremely unsatisfactory and I´m left with a life that is not worth living.

From here on out things will only get worse the older I get so I see no point in continuing to drag myself through this living hell.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am sorry to hear that your life has been that way.

However, please don't give up. Life has been bad, but it doesn't mean it always will be.
    Have you had any therapy or counseling to help you on your way though? It sounds like you really need it. Suicide is not the answer, it really isn't.

Please go talk to your doctor and get some help. Your life doesn't have to be this way.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Actually, you have a lot of control. You may not get a say in your upbringing or be able to stop unfortunate things happening because that's the unpredictability and nature of life. But you absolutely have 100% control over how you choose to view these events, how you deal with them and move on from them. Our past can shape our present selves negatively and positively. A lot of people are dealt bad hands in life but not everybody develops negative views about their situation or feel completely hopeless. It's not easy to change your thoughts and views when you have been consumed by negative automatic thoughts for so long. You can't always help it, it just happens. But you can learn to break the cycle. It takes time but it is possible.
    NYJmpMaster and MisterBGone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.