It DOESN'T get better for some people!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by noisserped, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noisserped

noisserped Guest

I am so sick and tired. They always say that it gets better, and that it'll be worth the suffering one day, but it's not true for everyone! Some people are just hopeless. For some people, that hope of one day not being miserable is just false hope. For some people the depression is temporary, and something that will one day go away. For some that is not true!

I truly do not believe that happiness can exist for me. I practically live inside of a black hole that sucks out anything good, and am left with complete shit and misery. I can't think of a single aspect of my life which is positive. On top of that, I almost completely lack the ability to do anything positive for myself. It just doesn't reside within me.

I know the future, and it's total misery. This is not some emo shit. This is my sickening reality.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

No one is hopeless, although if you've felt a certain way all your life it may damn sure seem that way.

You could have it for a thousand years and you still wouldn't be hopeless.

Have you been in therapy? That would be my first suggestion, is to get a therapist you can see once or twice a week.

:heart:

3. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your feeling so low at the mo don't give up. Have you seen a doctor or a counsellor and are you on any meds. I know its crap when it all feels hopeless but it doesn't mean it always will be

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I know what it's like to feel so hopeless. But circumstances and outlook can change, if ever so slowly. Sometimes change seems glacial. I hope you find some day to day support by posting here. There are loads of us who have felt exactly what you describe.

5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

depression takes time and patiance and even then sometimes it doesn't go away or it just melds into the background for a while.
    theres no quick fix but it is possible maybe not to beat it and find happiness but to live with it and find contentment.
    one thing that you can always count on is that you are the only person who can make changes in your life for the better, in time.

don't give up, keep fighting

6. Milton

Milton Well-Known Member

I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that you said "almost completely". Which shows you do have some positive things you can do. Nurture that, grow those baby steps and over time you might be surprised by how much better you feel.

I'd echo the calls for you to talk to a doctor or someone about this. Hang in there.

7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

unless you have some physical problems that are hard to live with, or you have deep skeletons in your closet like you murdered some people, I think there is a chance for everyone to get better

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You have to want change, if you don't put forth any effort then things will stay the same. I spent fourteen years in deep depression. No motivation to do anything including just climbing out of bed. I would just lay there and stare at the ceiling wishing everyday will be the last that death will come and take me. Then I got into therapy. I still have deep depression, but I get up and talk here on the forum for a couple of hours. I get out of the house a little at a time. I only go to certain places. Everynow and then I try to go somewhere different. My doctor finally gave me xanax for the anxiety. So I try different places and my anxiety gets up so I go home take a xanax and lay down and listen to the stereo. After an hour or two I feel better. Think it over if you don't put forth the effort then how can you have change??~Joseph~

9. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

I think the problem with people facing depression, including myself; is that we dont have the right tools..to be able to cope, think, and do things differently.

My problem is I was brought up by strict religious parents who have trouble showing love and affection, and being very authorative, I was being beaten a lot by parents..and my parents don't have chats with me,..or teach me anything about life other than study hard..

there's no life..in my family..while other family have laughter, chats, and just showing love..mine is pretty boring..plus strict.

So I became unfriendly too, I can't show love to friends, so I didnt have many friends..therefore I did not learn much..about how to cope with life, how to think positively,..I was negative.

That's why it's important to have good parents(and be good parents)..then there will be less people being depressed..as you'll be happier, and able to cope with life more efficiently.

10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I know how it feels to feel like you can never get better.

I know how it feels to want to die, and be in the process of dieing.

It took me 6 years to get over depression. I thought I would never get over it, I kept fighting, I kept seeing the doctors, therapists (though I didn't benefit from therapy) I never gave up.

It is treatable. I hope you can get better soon. :hug:

11. noisserped

noisserped Guest

Thanks people.

It helps.

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi noisserped,

Welcome to SF, I'm glad you found us :)

I know how you're feeling.What have you done to try and make things better hun? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.