• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

It doesn't make me feel any better...

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I should be beyond caring now. Here's the story...

My ex... we were together for almost 10 years. He was my best friend and my world. But he made me feel very insecure and I was scared of losing him. I knew he was out cheating on me with other men, which he always denied when I found... things... and I always forgave him because I was scared of losing him, even though he gave me HIV. But it got to a point where we both fell out of love and we ended our relationship. It was a long time coming and it didn't hurt too much, though it was very sad. About a year later I found out the extent of his cheating and vowed I'd never have anything to do with him again... until I had to ask for his address some months later to forward some mail on. We spoke, asked each other how we were doing and that was pretty much it. We check on each other from time to time, and today I asked him a question about his car tax letter that I think got sent to my house some months ago and found out that his life is not going well and that life wasn't greener for him on the other side. When he was with me, he had a good life, a house, a car, someone to sleep next to at night as well as his other life he was leading. He had it all. And now his life has turned to shit. And I do not feel any better for it. In fact I'm very sad about it and I feel stupid for feeling like this.

WHY AM I LIKE THIS????

Freya

Loves SF
Forum Owner
ADMIN
SF Author
I should be beyond caring now. Here's the story...

My ex... we were together for almost 10 years. He was my best friend and my world. But he made me feel very insecure and I was scared of losing him. I knew he was out cheating on me with other men, which he always denied when I found... things... and I always forgave him because I was scared of losing him, even though he gave me HIV. But it got to a point where we both fell out of love and we ended our relationship. It was a long time coming and it didn't hurt too much, though it was very sad. About a year later I found out the extent of his cheating and vowed I'd never have anything to do with him again... until I had to ask for his address some months later to forward some mail on. We spoke, asked each other how we were doing and that was pretty much it. We check on each other from time to time, and today I asked him a question about his car tax letter that I think got sent to my house some months ago and found out that his life is not going well and that life wasn't greener for him on the other side. When he was with me, he had a good life, a house, a car, someone to sleep next to at night as well as his other life he was leading. He had it all. And now his life has turned to shit. And I do not feel any better for it. In fact I'm very sad about it and I feel stupid for feeling like this.

WHY AM I LIKE THIS????
Because you’re not a petty crappy person. It’s a good thing that you are sad that his life is shitty. It is a good thing he didn’t jade you and turn you into the kind of person that is happy when someone’s life sucks. You’re like this because you survived what he put you though with your compassion and humanity fully in tact and you should be proud of that xx

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Because you’re not a petty crappy person. It’s a good thing that you are sad that his life is shitty. It is a good thing he didn’t jade you and turn you into the kind of person that is happy when someone’s life sucks. You’re like this because you survived what he put you though with your compassion and humanity fully in tact and you should be proud of that xx
It's brought up a lot of emotions and I am literally balling my eyes out right now lol. I just need to talk because my bf is asleep I think so I can't talk to him.

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
As Freya says, it's because you're actually a decent person. Despite what he put you through, your ex husband was a really important part of your life, for a long time. And as much as you may have reason to hate him and want to see him suffer, the fact that you don't enjoy his suffering actually speaks well to your character.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00