It doesn't seem like going on is an option

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Edgewoodman, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgewoodman

Edgewoodman New Member

I'm 60 and just released from the psychiatric ward of a hospital about 3 hours away. It was my 2nd hospitalization - last one was in 2001. I came out feeling as though I would be able to make it but today the suicidal thoughts came back big time. I am taking my meds and exercising. I just need to find the right way to leave. I will probably be going on long term disability / retirement but that will mean that I have to look for work again and putting myself you there is terrifying.
    I have folks who are trying to help but I just feel so lonely all the time. I'm not sure how long I can keep up the facade of being OK.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi there & welcome to SF :hug:

Maybe coming out of the hospital has left you feeling a bit vunerable & therefore more susceptible to these feelings?

Would going back to the hospital help you, is it even an option to you?

Will you be receiving any after care following your discharge?

Take care, Claire xx

3. ame solitaire

ame solitaire Well-Known Member

Loneliness is such a painful thing.Hugs to you.x

4. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

You said that you feel lonely. Well, so do I since my soulmate died. But the way I figure it, there are plenty of fish in the sea, so I remain optimistic that I'll find another partner. My fishing line is already in the water. All I have to do is wait. Try it and see, Edgewoodman.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey, , , glad you are here hun. and hope you stay here, , too. you already showed some positive steps. .. first, reaching out here, (((and here we all understand. . . and you will find support. . ..i am sure of it))) and second...you have your 'fishing line in the water'! very cute and i totally understand. being lonely, well, it's the worst. feel free to pm anytime. . i hope you stay . .. there is much beauty in the world. and you, are a part of that. if we lose only 'one' of us. .. the world is diminished...
    :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.