It feels good?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Wierd, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

I've taken a recent pleasure in most types of pain. One type that I still don't like that I know of is when I hold my breath for a long time and I get this suffocating feeling (my body feels really panicky and has a desire to flail about). On the other hand it felt good when I punched the table or hit my arm against the edge of the table or hit myself somewhere. The pain didn't feel bad.. I liked the pain... BTW The reason I don't cut myself is because it's messy, leaves scars, and could give me some debilitating disease.

Anyone else feel like they like pain for some odd reason? I mean it's still pain, but I kind of enjoy it rather than dislike it for some reason. Mostly I feel more like I'm alive when I make myself feel pain.. Sorry if I sound weird..

Honestly I'm not trying to hurt myself, just trying to make myself feel pain... in fact I'm looking for ways to make myself feel pain that won't permanent do any damage..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: u do it so u can feel like your still a human?

3. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

I don't know.. I guess it's more like when you go on a rollercoaster, watch movies, play video games, eat spicy food. You do it to get some sensation out of it. Maybe you could call it a relief of boredom? Thanks for asking by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  4. martijn

martijn Active Member

Well, pain causes this and that to be released in your body (adrenaline? endorfins? Something, never been good at biology..:unsure: It's something in your brain that releases alot of stuff.. Hypothalamus?) For some people the stuff that is realeased might feel more like a reward, a good feeling, instead of a warning of some sort, e.g. (real) pain.
    I know it's like that for me at times..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.