it feels like a huge emptiness

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Pollo, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I somehow learned how to cope with my suicidal thoughts but for the last 3 days they have been extremely strong and I feel I just can't carry on anymore. It feels like a huge emptiness and sorrow. I am sad and I know I will do it, I will commit suicide, I am not sure if i will die or not, but I will do it...

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

seasonal change could be an element in how you are feeling. I think that a lot of people start to have suicidal feelings around this time of year.

are you on meds now? you may be able to get them adjusted, could help make you feel better. you could also look into ect and talk therapy.

please don't do it.

acupuncture and chinese herbal medicine might also be helpful.

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

If you learned how to cope once you can learn again. Don't give up hun. Maybe look into getting a therapist so that you have someone to talk to? :hug: keep posting.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I hope one of your coping strategies was to get the support and caring you deserve...please tell us what is going on for you...I am sure there are many ppl here who can relate...PM me if I can help in any way...big hugs, J

5. loser

loser Well-Known Member

You describe it well. That is how clinical depression really feels and most people have no idea how bad it is. Medication seems to help some people. I cannot have medication because I have health complications.
    What can help?
    1)Keep moving. A lot of people pace up and down. Vigorous dance exercise. At extreme times we naturally huddle up. But if you can, when you can, move about a bit.
    2) A calm quite soothing voice talking reassuringly. Like a mother to a distressed child.
    That is what is important in therapy and medicine. The healing voice. Last thing you want is someone interrogating you - which is I mostly seeem to get.
    3) Picture of a kind face. This can be problematic. If you have lost the faces you have loved and who loved you that can hurt. But a kind face is important if you have picture or can imagine one.
    4) Music. Ig you hear piece of music that helps your mood get it on your ipod playlist. If you can manage it go to singing classes or join choir.
    birdsong is healing.

In the extreme state of depression is it difficult to do anything and the risk is that as you begin to come out of it you will use that energy ogf recovery to kill yourself. So just hold off a bit and try to use that energy positively to build confidence.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
  6. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your words. Today I have not managed to do anything but staying at home watching tv. I know (because I have been diagnosed) that I have severe depression and I am on meds but honestly I have felt only a tiny improvement. I am lost, I can't talk to friends about my suicidal thoughts because they don't understand and my family lives in another country. I feel like things are getting out of control now for me. My life sucks and I don't care anymore about anything or anyone.

7. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

If your family is positive and supportive, maybe you can contact them and they can help. Maybe you can travel to see them, or they can travel to see you.

The sudden deepening of your depression suggests to me that there is something going on with you physically or in your brain chemistry that is making you feel worse. If you can change that brain chemistry, you can feel better.

Feeling better could be as easy as getting some new meds or electro convulsive therapy.

If you can get through the short-term, there are other things that can help. But it sounds like now getting through the short term is the main thing.

Can you contact your doctor or your family? You can always go into the hospital too. That might help.

Please talk more about how you are feeling.

8. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I feel tired, exhausted actually and with no interest on seeing people or leaving my house. I feel very cold all the time.
    I feel like there is no future for me, I can't make any plans since I do not see myself in the future. I am decided and that makes me feel relieved and sad at the same time

9. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey,

please don't do this. Think of how bad your family will feel if you do this. There are people who care about you.

If other people are willing to put effort into helping you not kill yourself, could you please put some effort into saving yourself too? I know this might be really hard. Maybe calling 911 or a suicide hotline?

I know that you are going through something incredibly difficult right now. Please try.

10. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

If you are in the states, try one of these numbers

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    Phone: 800.273.8255
    Who They Help: Families, concerned individuals
    1-800-273 TALK
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

National Suicide Hopeline
    Phone: 800.784.2433
    Who They Help: Families, concerned individuals

for others