It gets better....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dragonfly70, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

I know this is the suicide forum and people here are hurting very profoundly. I have been to the edge, where you might be right now...but I wanted to come back and let you know that there can be hope.

Last October, I was preparing to end my life and did not think I would be alive at Christmas. Then circumstances changed and my black mood lifted. Today is my birthday and I wanted to tell you how sweet it is to have gotten here. I look back on the last 9 months and at what I would have missed. The simple things...hugs from my kids, roasting marshmallows, feeling the ocean sand beneath my feet, relishing in fresh raspberries...I would not have been able to experience any of it if I had killed myself. I am glad that I am alive today.

Now, even though circumstances have changed, I am still bipolar and will still have black moods and may find myself on the edge again....but I will remember how good it feels today and that I can rise from the blackness again and it will help me go on.

Please, if you are considering suicide, know that it can get better and life can be good once again. I wish you all well. :hug:
  2. Moon_Penguin

Moon_Penguin Penguin astronaut extraordinaire

thats beautiful :) thank you for this. ill b sure to look back on this when im feeling down. i hope you inspire more with this x
  3. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Firstly, let me wish you a Happy Birthday! Hope there are more to come!

Great news dragonfly70 - and I think the suicide forum works two ways - as many come here and are hurt profoundly - but things can get better and its good you should tell us as we can hope that things can get better for us also.

It IS the simple things in life - the connections we have with others that makes life so precious.

Thanks for inspiring me.

I wonder if you can blow all the candles out on your own? (joke!)

But I'm sure the children will help.

Make a special wish also - your not too old to do that!

Regards and salutations.
  4. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

LOL!! :laugh: Now, I'm not *that* old! Well...unless you ask my kids, that is. To them, I'm downright ancient. :rolleyes: I guess although I'm not quite over the hill yet, I can see the top of it. And I'm looking forward to getting there.

And yes, you're never too old for wishes.

May you have many of yours come true. :hug:
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Sweet! X
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.