It happened again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dharma4815162342, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

So... lloooonnnggg freaking story. I met a guy on here who was super cool and we had a super good time chatting and he helped me out a couple of times. Stupid me, like I always say I'm never going to I let him in. I opened up to him about everything. We became super close. I never thought he would hurt me, why did I think that? Why did I trust him? No one is worth trusting. People just hurt and let down. Which he did. I've been having issues lately and he doenst even ask me whats wrong anymore. He doesnt even bother to offer to let me talk about anything anymore. He just... blows it off. I thought maybe since I met him on here and he has dealt with depression himself he would be more open and more understanding than the rest of my friends. But no... he let me down just like the rest of them. I guess thats what I get. Thats what I deserve. People can't be trusted and no one can truly handle and live with me. Eventually I drive everyone away...

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Maybe he's just dealing with a lot himself right now and doesn't have the energy for anything else.

I know that i can get to the point where i am useless to myself as well as others.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but it shouldn't mean you can't trust anyone. Relationships are complicated and take a lot of work.

Have you spoken to your friend about how you are feeling?

3. Dharma4815162342

no.... I want him to be happy and if I told him how upset I was he would just get upset and I dont want him to. Its not his fault he can't be that person for me anymore. Heck... a few months ago even when we were both feeling down at least we could still talk about it. Now he doenst even seem interested...

Its not just this guy tht makes me feel like I can't trust anyone. Everyone in my life ends up hurting me. People can't be trusted.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

If you haven't spoken to him then you are just doing a lot of assuming...

Also just because people have let you down in the past, it doesn't mean that everyone in the future will be that way.

5. Dharma4815162342

thats like saying just because 2+2=4 right now doesnt mean that it couldnt equal 5 the next time you try. the only thing we know anything for sure is by trial and error and learning through experimentation. my experiemtns, my experience, my trial and error life has taught me that when i let people in they hurt me.

i am assuming, but i told him i was having a bad day and instead of asking me what was wrong to telling me he had a bad day too. he just kept going on with the conversation like i hadnt even said it.

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

No, numbers are facts, the don't change, but people do.

You can't label the entire human race as not being trustworthy, because of your experiences. Yes it sucks, and i have also had the exact same issue. But by labelling people that way, it's really a self fulfilling prophecy.

7. Dharma4815162342

exactly, there is nothing wrong with the human race. there is something wrong with me. and since i dont trust people they will hurt me. its that simple. its also why i will never be loved because i dont love myself. :D

8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

So what are you going to do to change it?

9. Dharma4815162342

I'm not, I'm tired of trying to change for other people.

10. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

You are not changing for other people. You are changing for yourself.

11. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

You are an awesome person erica and you will find someone that is a good fit for you, just giveit some time.

12. Dharma4815162342

MIKE! Havnt talked to you in so long. I don't think I will. I just dont seem to melt well with anyone around me.

13. Ann

Ann Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear you saying that. Unfortunately, I feel the same way.
    I send you my support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.