It happened before, it still hurts

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LaraS, Aug 5, 2014.

1. LaraS

LaraS Member

I can't believe this has happened before, and I can't believe I've still tried it again.

There's this group of people I used to hang out with, and I always felt on the outside. Like they were a group and I tried to be a part of it but I never fully got in the 'circle'..

I was asked today by one of them to join them, we haven't spoken in about a year, to go out tonight. So I was excited because last time I saw them they had asked me out and cancelled at the last minute.

So I got in the shower and dressed up and I waited to hear something from them about when I was supposed to meet them. It's like a really bad movie. I was sitting there. With my damn hair done, and I sent one of them a message asking when we were meeting up.

They replied with: 'who is this?'

So I tried to reach the person that had invited me, no answer. I asked another person who always hangs out with them who replied with a sad smiley face. I'm still sitting here just hoping that this did not just happen because I didn't think this even happened to people at my age.

I could laugh it off and say, it was a long time ago that I even knew them - who cares?

But it still really really hurts.

I'm just sitting here feeling like a joke but hoping that I wasn't one.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Maybe it was a wrong nbr? I sometimes invert numbers when people give me numbers to write down I sometimea get two numbers flipped
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Ooh, that reminds me of when I texted a friend I'd known for years, and I was going through a really hard time, and she replied with, "Who the fuck is this?" Really hurts when people do things like that. Although I agree, maybe it was a wrong number, or they were mistaken, or something. But if they really did exclude you, then you are better off without friends like that.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Yeah true. Im always asking people who they are if address book not name who they are. Sometimes my address book on phone wont show name of person im talking to. Its a glitch sometimes.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope it is one big mistake :( Reading what I just read made me feel mad that people can be so insensitive and selfish. I hope you are okay, we're here for you, :hug:
  6. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

Who needs friends that cancel plans like that! how crude!
    but at least you have us for your circle right?! :hug2:

if you ever want to talk, Im here