It has all got too much.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MightyMatt, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

I've had enough... I'm going to try again... No matter what I do it never gets any better. Meds aren't working, therapy is bullshit, I've tried posting/reading and striking up conversation here but that's not working either... This place was my last shot at beating this... I did try I just don't have what it takes. What hurts most is that I know I'm a good person... It's a shame no one else could see it.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Please give it more time. You joined in October, just before winter which is a time that is difficult for us. Please stay with us and we'll walk through this winter together.

I hope you feel better soon.

3. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I hope you keep trying there are a lot of different medications out there. Have you tried many?
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it's too soon to quit. i've had to try a bunch of meds over the years till i found ones that worked for me. they even misdiagnosed me for a few years until they settled on bipolar. if you don't like your therapist get a new one. you don't have to settle for less. you deserve to feel better, and you can get there. and as chargette sez you just got here. give this place a better chance.
  5. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Give it some time. You won't fit in instantly... anywhere. And therapy can help with time if you work with them closely, no matter how weird it might seem at first, and remain honest. What have you got to lose?
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

It takes a very long time to overcome depression and mental illness Matt. You have to be patient. :hug:
  7. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

What's triggered you off Matt? You seemed to be feeling a bit better last time we pm'd.
    You need to give it more time. I was misdiagnosed for years too and I've never met a counsellor that I had any time for (I'm sure there are good counsellors out there, I've just not met one)
    You can pm me at any time. I check my emails throughout the day so I'll get a pm reasonably quickly.
    If your meds aren't working then you'll need to get back to the GP, try something else. I think I've been on just about everything since they invented Prozac. It takes time to find the right combination and the right dose and that's after you're sure they've got the right diagnosis.
    Sending lots of hugs, xxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.