it has been a while

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by whytryanymore, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whytryanymore

whytryanymore Well-Known Member

As the title says it has been a while since I have been on the forum, first and foremost I would like to apologize to everyone who has been there for me through my worst and feared for me I am truly sorry if I caused worry and fear for me I have been doing well these last few years or months I'm not entirely sure how long it has been . However, I am at a very big crossroad in my life(not sure if that's the correct word or use of it) in my life. I have a wife and child, they are all I could ever hope for, yet I constantly drink and drive them away I don't want to and I know I do much better off not drinking I get more done and have more money to take my wife out but no matter how hard I try I always go back to alcohol I hate it and what it has done to myself and what it is doing to my family but when I need it most I never(often refuse in my head) ask for help from my support group which is quite large e like at least 30 people who will always answer the phone when I call. But I never call on them I just drink and then kick myself later for drinking. The last time I saw a counselor they betrayed me by telling my family what I told them (without my knowledge) then forced me to tell m y family what I told them, so issues there. Also every AA or similar group I go to makes me feel like a bitch because I haven't lost everything. I'm there because I don't want to lose everything.

Sorry , lost my point but I'm struggling with alcoholism and any help is better than what I have now
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

a different counsellor perhaps. different wording of the situation than last time?
    and definitely using the phone call option...
    maybe get wife to manage your money so you cannot get alco. a bit extreme, but...
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hard addiction to beat hun but perhaps if you go into an inpatient treatment plan it would be better a 3mth stay ok just so you can get control of YOU again and not have the substance control you hugs
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

If my counselor did that shit to me, I'd sue the balls off him/her. They're not allowed to do that at all, that's a violation of HIPAA. Secondly, I understand what you're saying about AA. I've been to quite a few NA/AA meetings myself in the past and they can be a bit judgmental at times. I would recommend trying either another AA group because I'm sure there's plenty others around your area (different groups have different people, so trust me they're not all the same), or maybe an NA group would be more fitting even. It may sound like a weird suggestion since your problem is alcohol and not narcotics, but the reason I'm suggesting it is because a lot of alcoholics actually choose to go to NA rather than AA because they feel less judged. And same thing vice versa, a lot of drug addicts choose to go to AA because they feel less judged there or there's less temptation for them because nobody's talking about popping pills. Either way, just try a different group because not all groups are the same. I've been to some where I thought the people were total assholes...for example, I'm on Suboxone maintenance because I used to do heroin and some NA groups I've been to, since they're against taking absolutely ANY kind of drug even if it's prescribed, used to judge the shit out of me for it. But other groups I've been to, most people were really kind and understanding about it and some were on Suboxone themselves even and doing good. Both NA and AA are about the 12 steps, it's basically the exact same process just with different drugs, but from my experiences, in NA groups they don't judge you based on what kind of addict you were. I've never been arrested for drugs, never lost my family, never been homeless, and not one single person has ever told me that because I haven't lost everything my problem wasn't as serious as theirs.
  5. BernardFoster

BernardFoster Active Member

seek help and counsel to the right person its much easier that time because i guess thats the root of the problem there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.