It has to end.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Believe, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

If I don't get this job that I'm interviewing for tomorrow, I'm just going to end it. I'm so worthless - college education for nothing, I've been unemployed for seven months and I'm about to run out of money. My family all just looks at me so disappointedly... I have nothing. I am costing the world more than I'm worth right now - I should just die and get it over with.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Are you limiting yourself to the type of job you are willing to work in? Many times you have to work outside of your area until the right job opens up. It does not mean your education is worth nothing. Please don't let your life's future rest on getting this job. Eventually you will find something.

3. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

What is your degree in?

It's not uncommon for college graduates to be unemployed for sometime...often times college grads have a misconception thinking that once the degree is official that it will establish a job right away....maneuvering yourself in the job market is a skill in itself.

Have you utilized the College's liasion for setting up interview and job fairs etc.??

Being an alumni has many advantages to networking with companies and getting your foot in the door.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with Gentle Lady,
    You need to Take what you can get for now that way you have money coming in. I just had my daughter move in and she thinks just because she has that peice of paper that employers should be falling all over her. I try to explain that there is pretty much a freeze on jobs because we are in a recession.
    She will find a job and so should you. Stop hesitating and get out there and let people know you are seeking employment. If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me...take care and stay safe!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.