It is a liberating feeling

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jormungandr, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jormungandr

jormungandr Member

deciding on ones own end. I've contemplated on it before, but I've had problems with the method taken in the past. Not so anymore. I've still about two months time to the actual event, and it feels great. I'm sure I will follow through.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forums here. I know that you don't feel like living, but maybe you'll stick around here and talk to us some more, meet some new people. =) Take care...Alex

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I know. Please don't set dates like that. It's not helpful. Makes things worse. Makes you think you can't change your mind. You can change your mind.

4. jormungandr

jormungandr Member

You are correct of course. I didn't even think of that when i chose a date. For me, it serves as a focal point, gives me a sense of purpose that i never had before. It is something i can work towards to, something i can except.

Edit: typo

5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I set dates sometimes when I'm down, especially when I'm feeling helpless or like I have no control over my feelings. I can relate to what you mean. I know you don't like the word "hope" being used, but anyways, nice talking to you. Stay safe...Alex

6. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

I hate that, when you're sitting in the dark, trying to think of the BEST way to kill yourself. And all these ideas are running through your head and you're like, "oh that idea just sucks." I can't tell you how many times I was about to cut myself open and the, as I looked in the mirror, I thought, "this isn't the way I'm going down. <mod edit: *sparkle* methods>? I can do better." So I live for another day. I can't really tell you to not be suicidal. That would make me a hypocrite and I hate hypocrisy. I mean, if you're really REALLY into dying, then I doubt anyone on a website says is going to help, but if there's part of you that's scared or feels like dying would leave too much undone or that there's something to live for...I don't think you'll go through with it when the time comes. Just from personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
  7. jormungandr

jormungandr Member

Maybe you're correct, but i'm (hopefully) all past that doubt and i'm pretty set on the path i've taken. Well then, let me tell you how exactly i plan to off myself... <mod edit: *sparkle*: methods>

8. jormungandr

jormungandr Member

plus since it's the new years eve, i get to watch the fireworks :)

9. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

This site is a pro-life site though. We want to see you do well.

10. jormungandr

jormungandr Member

I'm not saying i'm past that. You could say this forum is my last ditch effort too. the point being here that there's still two months to go and i'll be checking in regularly. nothing's set in stone... yet.

11. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Okay. I see.

12. Mogwai02

Mogwai02 Active Member

it is liberating.. setting the date..

13. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Are you okay, or do you want to talk about it? :hug:

14. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

<mod edit: *sparkle* methods> Just laying that out there :p
    Also, I wanna be like, "no, there are other ways. You don't have to kill yourself," but really, we know that's shit. Everyone on this forum knows what it's like. We all have our own reasons to die. Unless there's someone here who's going to change your life, the entire outcome of your contemplation of suicide all rests on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.