It is all about being stronger than they are

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lestat, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I have not been here for awhile because I have had too much to cope with and I just could not cope with posting here anymore. I have been through a lot and for those who remember me it has not all stopped... or got better.

But i just wish to say some things to some people who think they reach the end.

Do not give up. Tomorrow is a different day. I know it is hard to see that... I find it hard, but it is. I am not saying tomorrow will be better but one-day it will.

I have reached what I thought was the end too many times now. I have come very very close to giving up and I have things still planned out just in-case. But I know deep down ill not use them.

What we need to get into our heads is we need to talk to people about our problems. I have no one to talk too but when I do get the chance it helps. Yes I break down but it helps. So if you can DO IT. Talking and crying really does help... This is coming from a person who before struck hard times never cried.

Please do not give up. If I can do it with everything I am putting up with you can do it. I am not saying I have it the worst because I don't... but Everything has a answer even when it looks like you will never find it.

I just hope that we can use this forum to help each-other and talk. This is what fixes things...

If you need help or someone to talk too PM me or email me. I will try all I can. And for anyone in England ill gladly call you if you PM me a landline number.

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

This is a very touching post. I agree with most of it and what you have to say about things can get better etc.

This part about needing to talk to people, it is not always that easy to do. I personally find it tough to talk to people about me. Sure I can talk until your heart is content about you, about the weather, about whatever, but when it comes to discussing my life and my problems, I clam up. So I gt what you are saying hun, it's just really hard to do at times.

Stay safe and keep fighting
    :hug:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I also appeciate the sentiment of your post, but have to add one thing; ppl have to take an active participation in their recovery...nothing and no one comes to you... ppl are here to be supportive, but each person must seek the support...professionals are available to help, but each person must show up...that does not mean that we immediately can be open and trusting, but it does mean that those goals have to be on the radar...like all acquired skills, participating in relationships can be learned, but one has to be in it, as much as they can...just my thoughts, and thanks for your thread...I hope you continue to find success in the journey...J

4. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I agree. I found it very hard to do. But I guess when I got to breaking point which happened quickly for me I needed too. I am a Atheist but have found myself even in churches as they listen to me. I guess everyone has there own problems and mine are different from yours. But i do find talking has been the best cure for me personaly... Maybe not for everyone but itworks for me.

I hope you find your answers, Conrad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.