It is all so ridiculous...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Freya, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

... inside my head. I want to talk about it but I don't think anyone would understand. I want to talk about it but it feels so very stupid and weak and embarrassing. I want to talk about it but I want constructive help not platitudes - I want someone smarter than me to help me work it out not a sympathetic hug. I want to talk about it and there is nobody at all I can tell.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

my pm box is always open

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

My inbox is always open for you hun, will listen and try to help you make sense of things.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am always here to talk and you know how to find me. I am less sure about the "smarter than you" , and I believe very often we do in fact know the answers for ourselves. Sometimes it is less a case of not being able to figure it out for ourselves and more a case of not being pleased with the answers we come up with and the amount of effort required to enact the solutions we find- the positive constructive solutions. We ask for help, myself included because we are scared to make the wrong decision or want somebody to tell us an easier way. You likely know the best way to handle the problems for yourself or want somebody to come up with an easier way that simply does not exist. I am always here to listen or to support and encourage you as you put in the effort to make the changes you already know need to be done.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

ps :hug: - because even if you do not know you need it sometimes it DOES help

5. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Here for you honey if you want/need to vent :hug:

6. not2serene

not2serene Member

Freya, I can so relate to these feelings. It puts you in a hard spot, the feeling that nobody's there...the desire for help but feeling there's nowhere safe to turn.

Talking, whatever it's about, is not stupid or weak, though I know it often feels that way. It just means you have things bothering you & need to get it out...it means you're taking a difficult step toward meeting your needs. I hope you find someone you can start with, someone who will allow you to be real, w/o judgment. Is there anyone you think you'd be ok to take that 1st step with, whether it be a personal friend/family or a professional? Unfortunately, it takes time to build that trusting relationship. You've offered support to so many on here & I hope you find what you need.

We're here for you. I may not be smarter than you...wish I had all the answers.

7. Freya

Terry - thank you so much for putting up with my babble :hug:

Lexi and midnightstar - thank you for the offer - same goes for either of you if you ever need a friendly inbox :hug:

Ben - I know you are right (which is weird because that almost never happens... :tongue: ) and your patience with my meandering thoughts and endless questions is astonishing - thank you :hug:

not2serence - thank you, it is nice to know that someone relates. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world too weak to do what I know the right thing is :hug:

Thank you all for replying - just having someone click the reply button makes me feel far less alone. :grouphug:

8. Butterfly

You're not alone here hun. You've got all of us miserable buggars in chat (mainly me and Ben :laugh: *ducks and hides*). We do care a lot for you Lu, lots of :wub: and :hug: and a cuppa tea! And a stress ball, for all those stressful times in chat :laugh:

9. Freya

Oooooh a cuppa tea!! :hug: thank you honey that means a lot. And I am thinking more punchbag than stressball.... lol

10. Butterfly

I actually have a punchbag in my garden. It's all yours! :laugh:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My ears are open and ready any time you need them. Please don't hesitate. :hug:

12. Freya

Thank you hun :hug: I really appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.