It Is Easier Than We Realize

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Forgotten_Man, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

So one of my main causes of depression is my inability to socialize. In particular it is my almost fear of talking to girls. Well I learned something today, it is easier than most of us think.

:spaz: Sorry if I am a little giddy, as I am still coming off the high of actually succeeding in something. :hamtaro:

Anyway, I met up with a couple of guys on another forum. One guy who was experienced in the whole bar hopping social scene, the other was a beginner like me. We all went out and explored the down town bar scene. The the more experienced guy told me to go talk to girls. He would point out a group and tell me to go talk to them. :hiding: <--- is my normal action, but he was very annoying and I would go talk to them to get away. The first group I talked to was the group I talked to the longest. After I ran away I thought :eek:h: That was easy, best part none of the groups blew me off. Hell they all seemed interested in me to a degree. It got easier as the night went on. Not to brag but I opened the most tonight :showoff: Ah yeah, I talked to 3 groups. I am damn proud of myself, even if my material was canned.

Sitting here I wonder why I could not do this before. I wonder, why I was so scared to do it.... So all I can say guys is that it is easier than we realized. All the stuff he told me was stuff that I could have figured out. Well maybe not the details, but the simple question or how to spot a group to talk too... it is so much easier than I ever made it out to be.

:mhmm: This may be my first success, but with it I feel like I can go out and practice on my won. It is not as hard as we think it is. :mhmm: There is hope if I can do it :p.

:D Just wanted to share some of my success.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:stars: :reub: :hamtaro: :goodjob: :party: :arms:
    way to go FM.
    glad your friend pushed you in the right direction..
    I knew you could do it
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

@IV2010: :D Thanks, it was also easier because the other guy was struggling to approach more than me. >_< Seeing how bad you look when you wimp out... makes it even easier. :hug: Thanks.