1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Is Easier Than We Realize

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Forgotten_Man, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

So one of my main causes of depression is my inability to socialize. In particular it is my almost fear of talking to girls. Well I learned something today, it is easier than most of us think.

:spaz: Sorry if I am a little giddy, as I am still coming off the high of actually succeeding in something. :hamtaro:

Anyway, I met up with a couple of guys on another forum. One guy who was experienced in the whole bar hopping social scene, the other was a beginner like me. We all went out and explored the down town bar scene. The the more experienced guy told me to go talk to girls. He would point out a group and tell me to go talk to them. :hiding: <--- is my normal action, but he was very annoying and I would go talk to them to get away. The first group I talked to was the group I talked to the longest. After I ran away I thought :eek:h: That was easy, best part none of the groups blew me off. Hell they all seemed interested in me to a degree. It got easier as the night went on. Not to brag but I opened the most tonight :showoff: Ah yeah, I talked to 3 groups. I am damn proud of myself, even if my material was canned.

Sitting here I wonder why I could not do this before. I wonder, why I was so scared to do it.... So all I can say guys is that it is easier than we realized. All the stuff he told me was stuff that I could have figured out. Well maybe not the details, but the simple question or how to spot a group to talk too... it is so much easier than I ever made it out to be.

:mhmm: This may be my first success, but with it I feel like I can go out and practice on my won. It is not as hard as we think it is. :mhmm: There is hope if I can do it :p.

:D Just wanted to share some of my success.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:stars: :reub: :hamtaro: :goodjob: :party: :arms:
    way to go FM.
    glad your friend pushed you in the right direction..
    I knew you could do it

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

@IV2010: :D Thanks, it was also easier because the other guy was struggling to approach more than me. >_< Seeing how bad you look when you wimp out... makes it even easier. :hug: Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.