It is not temporary * might trigger *

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LetItGo, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

Funny fucking haha

This is what I think.

Depression is a debilitating mental illness
    It will stay with you for your entire life
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do to change that, even though you might think that because your on a "temporary high" you have overcome it - you haven t.
    Those that commit suicide weren't weak, or selfish, or lacked treatment - they simply grasped the truth quicker than you have.

Don't talk to me about recovery, counseling, meds, behavioral therapy, whatever, there all the equivalent of 21st century snake oil.

Since I started with a quote, ill end it with one.

"The truth shall set you free"

Signed,
    Serial Depressionist.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

No be being depressed you is needed :whip:

Have site need input :dry:

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think believing depression is an illness you are born with can be dangerous because then you believe it controls you.
    We create depression in our lives and we can get rid of it. There is always a cause for depression, it's not just that you're a naturally depressed person. It isn't natural to be depressed. You can find the cause and get rid of it.
    much love :heart:

4. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

I gotta say I totally agree, Like sometimes I think hmm depression is leaving me for sure, but eventually I just get tired, or something and im back to stage 1, And the people who say "I battled my depression" how do we know that? Just cause someone says it dosent mean its true, they've just found as much happiness as they can with their depression no doubt. The worst thing is its like invisible to everyone who isnt depressed, they just think we're in a bad mood or something, I dont know its fucked up, I'd rather have a disease, know im going to die then face the uncertaintey, and life sentence of Depression. However I dont agree that your born with it, cause seriously my first 12 years I was the happiest guy ever, Then just shit happened and it got to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.