It just clicks.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by SOL1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOL1

SOL1 Member

Hey all, anyone experience the same as me?

There's been a few times where I've messed up pretty badly, leaving me in a place I don't know. A place where I lose all senses of self preservation and just cut myself. Deep. I don't even know why I do it. It just clicks. It just goes that way, out of desperation I guess.

Needless to say, I've got a few scars which I wish I didn't have.

But I gotta stop, last time it was pretty bad. Anyone know any way of stopping this from happening?
  2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i think i know what you mean and it has happened to me. just lost all sense of everything and found myself cutting

it hasnt happened for awhile but i guess its because i told someone about it so maybe this post of yours may actually help
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Did you tryed to seek for professional help?

4. SOL1

SOL1 Member

@crookxshanks, thanks. I'm hoping things'll stop if I get it out in the open.

@Hurted, nope. Not interested in professional help, but thanks for the advice.

I've seen some "cutter" scars online, and really can't compare the same things I do to that. So I think this may be a different thing? It happens when I get to a point where there's really no "out" per se, but I'm to scared of actually killing myself.

I don't have that many scars on my arms, the few I do have are deep, and you can tell that this was extreme.

So is this the same as "cutting"? I'm sorta new to all this, so please forgive my ignorance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about your case, but it is in mine. I don't cut small marks up my arm, but rather do : really deep cuts into my wrist/crutch of arm, or cuts all along my body--when I'm naked the scars almost look like movie make up--symmetrical and over the entire body.

Cutting, or self-injury, is when you intentionally hurt yourself as a way to deal with stress or circumvent some behavior. For instance, I do most cutting when suicidal, and it serves a way to escape the suicide compulsion.

6. blade

blade Well-Known Member

OMG! i can so relate to you there, hun!
    i know how it is. i had the same experience. with my self. its kinda like a craving, u gotta have more. but i realised it doesnt benifit me in any way. all it does is makes me feel good for 10 mins, then i feel worse, and when ur alright, u realise what the hell are these scars for. darl i know it is hard. but to stop do other things, read,?
    are u into art? draw paint,
    write your feelings out instead of causeing them on ur self.
    for the scars, get anti-scaring cream, for the chemist of something.

im always happy to help.
    my email link is in my signature---> email me when ever i check it everyday!

take care!
  7. blade

blade Well-Known Member

i know how it is seeking proff help. i the first time i saw a counceller, he strted laughig at me. i hate councellours!

thats why in the comment above this one, i never mentioned seeking help from a professional !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.