It might get better....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Frozen, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frozen

Frozen New Member

Struggling to find a reason to live, there are loads of reasons not to. The only thing I can think of is "it might get better" But in my 30s now, that reason is fading...

I am unsure what I expect to find here on a forum of strangers, I have never really been one for talking about my problems since it never solves anything, and people all have their own issues to deal with...
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Frozen. Welcome to SF. Pleased to meet you!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel there are lots of reasons you don't feel you want to live. I'm glad you found SF. If you read the threads, you are likely to find people with "similar" situations to yours (not identical of course). Maybe seeing how they managed things will help. Just sharing our feelings can help. People here are very supportive, so if you need to talk or bounce around ideas on what might help you, I hope you'll share.

Be strong and safe. You've taken a great first step in joining here! I hope to see you around the forums. ((hug))
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi Frozen and welcome, First I want to say we are not strangers, we Are people who really are friends that you are just meeting,
    I really believe that, in this room of all places you will find people that care about you, there are people that will tell you about them selves, without asking for you to say anything until you are ready! You will, I believe find out that you can feel safe and comfortable here, no one is going to push you into anything, no one will judge you, you have already judged yourself, I hope that you will learn to be gentle and caring in here like so many of the other people in here with yourself as well as them!

I feel that you have come to the right place at the right time! spend a little time reading and see what others in here have to say, I hope that you will find we are not strangers after all, but friends that you did not know that you knew! We are a Room of Friends that Care about You! Please stay a while!
  4. Frozen

Frozen New Member

The crap I have lived through I wouldn't even know where to begin...could probably write a book if I was any good at writing. It probably does not matter where I have been though, more where I am at now. Which is nowhere. No family, no friends, nobody to keep me here. I mean, I have a job, it really sucks and minimum wage, and nobody speaks English there. I live in a small town, nothing to really do here, other then drink at bars, which I should probably avoid. I would move but, without an education or a driver's license it is really hard to find work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.