It might happen tonight...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Broken_Heart, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Active Member

i have a plan to commit suicide on july 1st, but i just cant wait that long. lately, my dad has been abusive, ive been fighting with friends and im stressed with school. last night i saw a play about someone who is going to kill herself (and does) and it influenced me so much and i want it to happen so bad. tonight, i think im going to od. i told 1 friend, thats it.
  2. saeyoon Chung

saeyoon Chung Well-Known Member

I do not have the audacity to dare say I can understand what you're going through but.. think twice about suicide. You can make different decisions
    to better your life. Yes, suicide could be one of the options.. but it doesn't have to be suicide.

Call a crisis helpline(open 24hrs) about the parent abuse problem. They will not judge or label you, or even try to make decisions for you. They'll listen and give you options they think might be helpful. It helps to get things off your chest. I recommend them.

Plays,songs,movies.. after all, they are just entertainment. They provide us with their perspective on life, but it's not real. It's selective reality.

A play influenced you? In what way?

We live in reality, we deal with the good,bad and ugly, there's no bullsh*t filter. We don't live like those guys in movies or plays. They are actors with scripts playing their parts.

In plays and movies, suicide can be portrayed as an act of 'martyr' or one of those overdramatic 'tearjerker' moments but.. we know it's not like that in life. It's real ugly in reality.

Imagine how many people would be crying over your casket.

When you hang yourself, your body becomes so stiffened up you poop your pants, your eyes pop out from eyesockets.
    If you choose to jump from a 20-story building and hit the pavement, your head gets crushed open, murky gray matter slowly falling out. I saw some pics online and they don't look pretty.

All I'm saying is you should not base one of the most important decisions in your life on a play or movie.

Suicide can be one of the options to end pain but for someone as young as you are, think twice,'thrice' about it.
  3. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

I am not really in much of a state to help you I'm afriad but all I can say to you is please don't. talk to someone... reach out. please
  4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

The entertainment industry certainly tries to sentimentalize or romanticize death. They do us a disservice. There's nothing sentimental or romantic about suicide. A death by suicide won't give the survivors warm fuzzies.

We all know that several people commit suicide every hour. I hope you won't become one of the statistics. Give yourself a bit more time to consider life and reality.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You need to stop and think. Suicide is permanet. No turning back, It's all she wrote. You will leave your family hurting because of your loss. I really think you need to contact your local health care facility. They can give you phone nubers of different organizations that can help. Does your local hospital have a phsciatric ward. You might want to check into that tomorrow. Don't get all worried,you will find that the people in there are hurting just like you with there own problems.
    Our hospital has three different wards. 1) for the elderly 2)for the people that are in major crisis 3) for people that are more stable. I have been in there ten times because I promised I would readmit myself when my suicidal thoughts aren't getting any better.
    I think that would be your best obtion because you are talking about hurting yourself soon. It's not that bad in there. You usually are only in there for a couple of weeks. If you decide to buck the system your stay could be a little longer. I just wanted to inform you of that possibility so you know what to expect by getting admitted. Good Luck and I hope to see you on the forum.:chopper:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.