it never rains but poors

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by starlight2006, Aug 14, 2007.

1. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

I've got a lot of emotions going thro me at the mo. Last nite was a really good nite - was out with my mates at the pub. I saw an old friend from school that i havent seen propely for 4 years and we're gona meet up soon, which im really looking forward to. It stirred alot of feelings and questions that i wish were already answered, but i'll talk about that in another post sometime.

Right now im feeling pisssed off. Im not suicidal or majorly depressed, just annoyed. I'm a student in a ton of debt. Last summer i got a temp job at a well-known supermarket in the UK. They ended the temp contracts a few weeks early, which pissed me off alot at the time.

In July I managed to get another temp job with them for this summer. I was contracted until 8th september, which was good because i worked out it was enought to pay off my overdraft. I knew that there was a strong possibilty that they would end the contract around the august bank hol. But last week one of the managers asked me if i could stay on an extra week. I took this to mean i would def be staying until sept. But he also said that the overtime that i had jus done wouldnt be paid for, it would be given to me as holiday.

But tonite i went into work to find out that they wanted me to leave by next thursday. They did it again and ended the contracts early - something to do with how much they budget for staffing - even tho they are a billion pound multinational company!!!! The manager - claire - that had to tell me was almost in tears because she had never had to do that before, i felt really sorry for her. They wanted me to work up til next week, but they owe me nearly 30 hours! Claire said that she would understand if i jus said 'sod it' and went home, so that is what i did, i walked out.

Im jus really pissed off at the way i have been treated. I have worked really hard for them over the past few weeks. And then i get told that i wont be paid for the overtime that i did and then they cancel my contract early after a manager asks me to work an extra week! Grrr. Jus a moan i guess.

It jus means that i cant pay my overdraft off. It sucks. I can hardly afford anything. I cant afford to go out with my friends as well as buy things like clothes, or new shoes. Some mite say i have my priorities wrong, but my friends are everything to me. I get really down if i dont see them for a while.

I just knew that it was too good to be true that i mite actually be in the black again at the bank. I shoudlnt have got my hopes up. Something always has to go wrong.

Another thing too, I lost a necklace that my mum bought me for my 21st last nite. I rang he pub and the guy said that he remembered something being mentioned about a necklace but it mite have been put in the bin. What stupid people. Im gutted.

It never rains but poors.

2. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

aww hun im really sorry about your job. these big companies dont seem to see each individual case - just numbers and figures usually. its really not fair and im really sorry you were treated so badly. i hope things will start to get better.

and im really sorry about your necklace - i know how much gifts mean to you, especialy from family.

take care and stay safe.

god bless

Clare x

3. ybt

ybt Guest

I'm sorry for this, I'm not demeaning your problems, but did you quote your title from Under Pressure? Bloody good song, that.

4. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

no, it wasnt a quote from the song, jus a feeling i get when these things happen. Plus it was raining today after a week or so of sun, so i guess shud have known the day would be shit

5. ybt

ybt Guest

ah, ok

well, :hug: s to you :)