It seems like my life is destined to failure and disappointment

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 17th, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17th

17th Member

I don't know what it is about me, but I just can't seem to get my life on track. My family expects great things of me like any family would, but the thing is, I'm a total fucking idiot. I've been having serious problems finding a job, don't really have any friends to hang out with, and I just dropped out of college of all things.

Tonight, my world just came crashing down around me when my mother found out about my dropping from school. She really wouldn't even say a word to me when she left for work an hour ago. Now, I have all these feelings buzzing around in my head, how I'm just one big failure and how I'll never amount to anything in life. I wondering if I should just go out and wander the streets and get myself hit by a truck or something.

I can't take my fucking life anymore.
  2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

have you ever tryed to0 talk to your mother and tell her how you feel? may eb it will help her to understand and you to feel a little bit better=)
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi, and welcome. i'm glad you found this this site, and i hope that by sharing your feelings you will live through these treacherous times.

i know your parents may be angry with you right now for dropping out, but in the big picture, they'd much rather have you alive and dropped out, than for you to take your life. you can always return to school some other year if you want, or maybe attend a different school for a different program. but that's for the future.

you are not a failure. it's a huge jump to say that because you have failed this school year that *you* are a failure. you are just human, making the best decisions you can at any time. that's all.

for today, please tell someone how low and suicidal you are feeling. it could be your parents, if you are close to them, but if not, how about a suicide hotline. they are nicer than you think, and won't judge you for what you are thinking of doing.

i hope you can continue what you started when you posted here, and reach out for some help.
  4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

In the long run, you gotta look out for yourself. You'll soon realize that you can't make everyone happy, you have to satisfy yourself. If you feel the decision you made is right, stand by it. You don't have to justify it to your ma. And you're not alone, a lot of people are having a tough time finding work.

Could it be that employers are jerks?:laugh:
  5. 17th

17th Member

Doing that would most likely just make the situation worse. I'm well-known for being a lazy-ass to my family. They'll probably think it's just some sort of ploy I'm pulling to get them to feel sorry for me, as they'll most certainly say that I have nothing to be depressed/suicidal about.

Thank you guys for the replies...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.