It seems no matter what...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZombiePringle, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

No matter what I do I cannot seem to keep or even make friends. I invite people over to come over and drink maybe play video games and they agree to it but next thing I know they're calling to make excuses as to why they can't come over EVERYTIME. I start pretending to show a huge interest in football because thats all anybody talks about at work. It does me no good. I'm not even really that much into football I still watch it every week so that I have something to talk about on mondays hoping that maybe somebody will finally be okay with hanging out with this loser. Somebody finally did come over to play video games and now it seems he keeps coming up with excuses to not come over even though he keeps on saying how much fun he had playing the wii. I guess I'm just not good enough to have any friends.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Good friends are hard to find. So are real friends.
    In my experience people only seem to want to be our friends because of what we can do for them.
    I'm not saying this is the same with everybody or even most people (just been my experience).

It's especially difficult to find friends when you're an adult, because people want and expect different things. I've found that since I've stopped drinking most people don't have time for me because they 'don't get' what a 20 something single girl living in the big city does if she doesn't drink and hit the clubs?

Maybe they're seeing you as that soon-to-be married guy who has a kid and responsibilities instead of 25 year old Josh, who could be their buddy and those things shouldn't even come into it.

If that's the case, you could always try making friends who actually enjoy the things you like, like gaming and creative stuff. There's no reason to compromise your interests just for the sake of others when I bet there are plenty of people out there who you can be yourself with and who would love you all the same. :)

You could try the platonic section on sites like Gumtree or Craigslist where you get to advertise for specifics, and you know the people you meet and become friends with are actually people who enjoy what you enjoy.
    Give it a try, nothing to lose right! :hug:
  3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I don't know. I could give it a try I suppose. Another issue that I have that I know gets in the way is I don't really like going out to a lot of places. If I go somewhere to have drinks it has to be somewhere not crowded or I get really bad panic attacks.
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I remember my friends boyfriend was the same, so we only ever went to small pubs and stuff. Places that were genuinely empty and only had 10 or so people in them.

How well do you know your town? You could kinda suggest places like that, thankfully when you're over a certain age people don't expect to meet up and go to rowdy dive bars and clubs and if you say let's have a few drinks at a small bar or a restaurant it's usually okay. :)
    I'm beginning to hate anywhere overly crowded as well, esp. when it's full of 18-25s. I just want to be somewhere else!
  5. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

I don't know how old you are, but I am 21 and I find that it is much harder to form close friendships as an adult. When I was in HS, it was just so much easier to bond. People are just so fake and living in a city, everybody is so self contained. Nobody is personable. Right now, I have zero friends.....
  6. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

Hey kankuro what kind of games do you play? Do you ever play any online games? i help run another forum, its a gaming forum. We have plenty of members who play a lot of online games and we always love having new people. We'd be happy to welcome you :) Maybe you could meet some friends that like playing video games! If you're interested let me know, it'd be great to have you :D