It shouldn't matter, but it still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I heard from a friend at work that certain people had been talking shit about me behind my back. As if I am really surprised by that. It's been happening all of my life, and the people involved just aren't very nice. I have feelings whether people like me or not, and I got the idea they didn't like me, even though I have never done anything to them. Of course it was stuff along the lines of, "Why does she look and act like that?" Sorry if I don't talk much, I am shy, sorry if that offends you, maybe get to know me better first. I know I am a fat ugly loser and eccentric, it's just how I am and I accept that. It's like people barely know me at all, they don't try to, and all they have are bad things to say about me. No matter how many times it happens, it still hurts deeply. It has been going on since I was a kid, and I don't expect it to stop my whole life. Just need to learn how to cope with it somehow.

Sorry to hear that this is happening.

Why does she look and act like that?
It's unfortunately common for people to misunderstand and be hostile to people who don't conform or fit in. I wish social groups were better at relating to people who are outside of them.

I know I am a fat ugly loser and eccentric
Please don't say mean things about yourself

Dawn

Hi Witty. Yes, please don't say bad things about yourself. I have no idea why so many ppl are cruel and aholes. I really don't. It is their loss, but I know it doesn't feel that way. There is so much cruelty and sadness in the world and I wish it would change but it only seems to get worse. I often wish the world would hurry up and end. Wish I could help.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Thank you both for your kind words. Unfortunately, it is hard for me to not feel that way about myself, as others have made me believe that over the years. The good thing is that one of the girls was fired, but I still have to face the others, and I have to act normal around them, even though I know what they are like. I will avoid them as much as possible, but it will be difficult to interact with them in any form.

Dawn

That will be difficult because u can't really get away from them and it is very difficult to act like nothing happened. Is it possible at all to find a different job? I don't know if it is worth the trouble to do that tho. There's no easy solution I know.

Gonz

β‚²β€Ήβ€ΊΕŠΚ‘
Of course it was stuff along the lines of, "Why does she look and act like that?" Sorry if I don't talk much, I am shy, sorry if that offends you, maybe get to know me better first.
Ugh, I’ve never understood why people are like that. I mean, talking behind people’s backs is pretty crappy either way, but I can at least understand it when someone is doing something worth talking about. But when it’s because the person is shy and quiet, it just makes no sense to me. It’s like β€œHey, literally the only thing we know about this person is that they leave everyone alone and don’t bother anyone, let’s shit all over them for it.” I was going to say that people will take any excuse to be awful, but no, most of them don’t even need an excuse.

Sorry, no advice or anything. Just wanted to say that I think I understand, and that people like that seriously piss me off.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
It's difficult for me to reach out to people, even more so now. It just makes me want to withdraw and shut down. If I had been mean to them or something, I could understand their scorn. The only thing they had to talk about was that I didn't fit into their idea of social standards somehow. But I am now in a group that is for people with mental health issues and that makes me feel less isolated.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
One thing I have learnt living this long the older I got the less I cared about another persons opinion on how I look or dress. It just gets more easier the older we get, trust me on that one.

Zero fucks is given to people who have the urge to make fun of me. The harder I looked at the person who has the issue, usually they had many more flaws within themselves along with the lack of true social skills as their only skill is to find things to complain about to divert attention from themselves and lack of topics to discuss.

Really Witty, we know your real self here and its an awesome side of you. Keep being real. And hugs !

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Some people can be awfully rude and downright cruel at times. You just have to appreciate the people who love you even more (not at all saying you don't) but consider them special with kind hearts and block out the negative people in your life, you don't need them. Just do your work and let the talk away, at the end of the day all you want is a paycheck so work with them but you don't have to be friends with them.

You are a special person and I know you are more than capable of looking after yourself! :)

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I could tell them off, but then I'd probably get into trouble. :P The ringleader got fired because she said she was going to "smash in" my friend's face and of course, my friend went and told the boss and the girl got fired right away. I think she is like the mean queen and her friends are not as bad, but still kind of uncomfortable working with them. I just need to make do as best I can. I know I have friends on here and others offline who care about the real me, so I need to focus on that and ignore petty people.

Hi Witty, I agree with what everyone has said above and can’t really add much. But it’s easy to say but hard to live through when you’re the one living through it. You are one special person, Witty. Never think anything else. The interesting thing about this forum is that we get to know peoples real characters without the bias of looks or body language. We get to know the real heart and soul and yours is truly solid gold. Hold your head up, stay strong and like @AsphyxiateOnWords said - Fuck β€˜em xxxx

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
Wait until after work. Perhaps it's better that way because if she says something smart back, you'd have the freedom of introducing a right hook to that bitch's jaw. Guarantee you she'd never speak your name out of turn again. She'd probably come into work the next day and if someone asked, be like, "Uh...I fell down some stairs and walked into a door."

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Try to take people who upset you less seriously @Witty_Sarcasm . It helps to see them as actors acting out a role and that they take their character so seriously that they've forgotten they are just actors. That way you can sit back and observe the drama without getting sucked into the screen, and keep your mental peace.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I just see them as characters in a movie or cartoons or something. Like a caricature of who they really are. So maybe I can just laugh at their attempts to insult me, because it means nothing. They're just basing it on surface issues and it shouldn't get to me so much.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So maybe I can just laugh at their attempts to insult me, because it means nothing.
It's not always easy -some people give such brilliant and convincing performances, they even fool themselves that they really are the characters they portray, lol! They tend to get very annoyed when you tell them they shouldn't take themselves so seriously, even though you mean well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00