It sucks but I'm good at it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bigman2232, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

This year at school was basically a new start with my few friends graduating university and going their separate ways and me returning for an extra year.

Made friends with a group of 2nd and 3rd years pretty quickly because that's never been a problem. Well as with most people, drama usually comes along and once again I have fallen into the position of being everyone's confidant.

I've done it before and I'm good at it. I've always been a more quiet person and I've spent enough time on the outside watching and listening to people that I can understand body language and what people are really feeling. I've also read so much random information that I can help with almost anything. I do enjoy helping others with their problems and I want to make sure these people learn from my mistakes and don't end up how I have.

The problem is it also brings forward all the things I've never done and am just bsing my way through. You can only listen to relationship troubles so many times before telling them they need to grow the fuck up and appreciate what they have been lucky enough to get. I can also only listen to people's sexual conquests so many times while in my head I keep repeating to myself that you've had nothing.

So i guess for another year I will help as much as I can (it's at least some good I'm doing) and just hope that I can keep what I'm feeling under control until the few therapist appointments I have
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="George Carlin]I like people. I do... But I like them in small doses.[/QUOTE]

Do your best to just take space when people are getting to you in the wrong ways. Even the local sage needs a rest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.