IT support God Help Me!!!!!!!!

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
My main business website has gone down, server not responding. I checked it on isitdownforeveryone and similar sites. It's down.

So I messaged support. One of the support guys messages straight back, said they have a Ddos attack going on and are dealing with it. Ok thanks I say. And try to forget about it.

Then the fun starts, as the other support guy replies and says he can see my website no problem from his end. Doesn't know what I'm talking about. He keeps saying http:// redirects to the https:// version as it should and there is no problem. He says he doesn't know why he is seeing something different to me. I think "You are supposed to be the fecking expert".

So I end up having to send screenshots from isitdownforeveryone etc to prove that it's not just me the site is down for.

Unfortunately I can't post the link due to privacy concerns over my identity, but this back and forth is very frustrating. If he'd just left it at there's a Ddos attack, I'd have been happy to sleep on it....

Now I just emailed link to a friend and she says she can see it. But at downforeveryoneorjustme etc, it says it's down for everyone

Confused? I am!!!!!

Waves

Oh yes. Computer troubles are anxiety provoking. Hate them. We rely heavily on them. So glad you have a friend to email for confirmation. Good news is that it will get fixed. Take care

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I think it's fixed now. These things make me lose my mind. Fair play to them they're a small outfit and seem to work 24/7 and fixed it quickly ☕☕☕

Waves

Then it is good you stay connected. I feel like people are so connected to technology that they do not relate in person or as a person anymore. It feels distant and uncaring many times to me because people can’t see how they affect others.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Then it is good you stay connected. I feel like people are so connected to technology that they do not relate in person or as a person anymore. It feels distant and uncaring many times to me because people can’t see how they affect others.
A lot of people in my field went to remote only working after lockdowns lifted, personally I hated the whole thing from day 1, and went back to face to face working as soon as it was allowed - I now also prioritise my face to face work, it would be so much easier in some ways to just work from home and see people through a screen, avoid the pitfalls of commuting, but I really prefer the in person. I have to do a fair proportion of internet/video calls as it's just the way things are, but my in person meetings and work are my preference and it's very appreciated by people who want to do things the old fashioned way! 😎

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00