It takes time... but it'll go away someday.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by KittyGirl, Apr 4, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

My birthday was a normal day. I didn't really do anything different.
    Didn't sleep-- felt sore and tired all day; but not sleepy in the least.
    Mom took me to pick out a cake-- and I picked a very nice looking carrot cake from the local bakery. I was very tasty.
    I bought a shelf for my bedroom and put it together myself.
    I painted for a few minutes before giving up--- feeling that I needed more inspiration before I could finish the paintings I'd started.

We watched 'Men who stare at goats' and 'Precious'; although I'd already seen both of them before they came out on DVD.

We finished off the movies-- the house is pretty quiet and empty; mom was tired- so she went to bed.
    I went onto Facebook and found quite a few birthday wishes-- mostly from people whom I haven't seen in at least 4 years.
    I had the urge to check my ex's profile again... and for once, I didn't feel a whole lot from looking at his picture.
    My heart had always squeezed and raced whenever I saw his face.
    Tonight though... it stung a bit- but I didn't feel like crying.
    I guess it helped that his profile picture is kinda terrible... haha- messy hair- bloodshot eyes; a sight I rarely saw when we were together and he took care of himself. The attraction factor has finally come down a bit and it's relieving.
    I feel like I can fall out of love with him finally.
    Slowly...
    There's no reason, really... the lack of communication has helped, I guess.
    It was pretty much all him- cutting communication off though...
    There are times that I wish I could just spill my guts to him like I used to-- but I know that that time in my life is over.
    The only place I can spill my guts is here.

My point, I suppose... is that I feel a bit hopeful tonight.
    Thanks, SF
    Thanks, J's bad profile photo on facebook- haha.
    And thanks, mom- for spending my birthday with me.

2. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

WOW, what a beautiful day! Even just the thought of going to pick out your cake!!!! I'm so happy fo you and in awe of you.....leading by example....thanks for the hope and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish hard because they soon come true :)