It was a pretty good run.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Plastic Sun, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plastic Sun

Plastic Sun New Member

I self-harmed a few nights ago and i'm very dissapointed with myself, I had gone maybe a year without doing so and I triggered, doing so after I saw my ex-fiance, I was fine while talking to her, but afterward I broke down and made a few slices with myself with a razor blade, the day after I kept getting stressed at work and really went to town on myself and am unfortunately back to my old habit of wrapping my right forearm in bandages. I guess i'm just trying to figure out why I relapsed.

2. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

That's fantastic that you managed to go so long without it. I'm sorry that you've had this slip. Try not to be too disappointed. You still did amazingly well and nothing will ever take that away from you. Maybe take a step back and as you say, work out why you slipped but I'd try not to dwell on it. It's done, you can't take it back but what you can do is think about how you managed a year without it, what other coping methods you found worked for you, and how you can move on from here. Wish you the best of luck. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.