It was easy

Discussion in 'Later in Life and Seniors (New Forum)' started by SillyOldBear, Oct 2, 2016.

1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I am one of the old goats on the forum. I turn 65 in a few months and all year I have been worrying about applying for Medicare. I mean really getting myself worked up about it. What with parts A, B, D and C things got very confusing. Well, I applied on Friday. It was easy. Supposedly my employers policy will cover the required Plan B end. Plan A I have paid into all my working years and now will reap the rewards. Yesterday I got my shingles vaccine. It was easy too. Won't know for a few days if my Medicare application was accepted, but so far so good.
  2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Congrats on navigating the SSA website. And congrats on the shingles vaccine, those are nasty.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I get so nervous with vaccines...I'm proud of you! I always imagine I've just contracted whatever disease I've been vaccinated for lol...the mind.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Thanks all. I will have to check back in about a week to see if my application has been approved. And I was really grateful for my insurance. Without it the shingles shot would have cost $230. I am an army brat so shots are old hat to me.
    Frances M and DrownedFishOnFire like this.