It was easy

Discussion in 'Later in Life and Seniors (New Forum)' started by SillyOldBear, Oct 2, 2016.

1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I am one of the old goats on the forum. I turn 65 in a few months and all year I have been worrying about applying for Medicare. I mean really getting myself worked up about it. What with parts A, B, D and C things got very confusing. Well, I applied on Friday. It was easy. Supposedly my employers policy will cover the required Plan B end. Plan A I have paid into all my working years and now will reap the rewards. Yesterday I got my shingles vaccine. It was easy too. Won't know for a few days if my Medicare application was accepted, but so far so good.

2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Congrats on navigating the SSA website. And congrats on the shingles vaccine, those are nasty.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I get so nervous with vaccines...I'm proud of you! I always imagine I've just contracted whatever disease I've been vaccinated for lol...the mind.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Thanks all. I will have to check back in about a week to see if my application has been approved. And I was really grateful for my insurance. Without it the shingles shot would have cost $230. I am an army brat so shots are old hat to me.