"it will get better"

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by frypan367, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frypan367

frypan367 Well-Known Member

what a stupid phrase. it gets better. its been seven years and it has not got better and i have no reason to believe it ever will. No it does not get better it gets worse and im dick and tired of living.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, I can agree its a stupid phrase. You can suffer depression for any length of time. Months or even years. It's can only easy when you have support from others. Depression affects everyone in different ways but you have to live for one day at a time. Depression can eat you up but it's all about maintaining a positive mental attitude. There are days when I relapse but I have to drag myself of the floor with my determination to move forward. Yes, depression can make you thinks it's another ground hog day but you can come out fighting it. I hope this helps you in your anguish.

3. ElaineE

ElaineE New Member

I think the phrase was born out of the trend of kids attempting or committing suicide due to bullying. The message is essentially that high school doesn't last forever and it does get better when you grow up. That said, depression can get better too, but it is not situationally (is that a word?) dependent as much as it is about therapy, meds and a support system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.