It Won't Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think that life was like the ocean. It'd hit you, hard or soft, but eventually the tide would change. So, yeah, life would suck and it would be hard but eventually the good stuff would have to come.

It hasn't.

Maybe there are good things in my life and I'm just too blind to see them. I don't know and quite honestly, I don't care anymore. All I know is that every second there's this ache in my chest that never. goes. away.

The panic attacks are starting again and all I want is to be able to breath because it feels like there's this perpetual lump in my throat that's choking me.

God. I wish I was straight. I wish she wasn't. IwishIwishIwish.

Constantinos

I used to think that life was like the ocean. It'd hit you, hard or soft, but eventually the tide would change. So, yeah, life would suck and it would be hard but eventually the good stuff would have to come.

It hasn't.

Maybe there are good things in my life and I'm just too blind to see them. I don't know and quite honestly, I don't care anymore. All I know is that every second there's this ache in my chest that never. goes. away.

The panic attacks are starting again and all I want is to be able to breath because it feels like there's this perpetual lump in my throat that's choking me.

Hello,

First i want you take two deep breaths, i want you to breath in, count to 10 and then breath out - do this twice.

What you said at first is actually true, eventually your life will change - it just needs some patience and some time.

Think for a moment about the paragraph below:

Suicide is not the solution, you may think that by suiciding you will be relieved from pain, relief is a feeling and you need to be alive in order to be able to feel. You will not feel this relief once you take your life.

LoveBeing

Hi hopeful…

Why do you wish you were straight and she wasn’t?

You know we can not change the reality, but we can always change how we think or feel…

You know how we think and feel always changes…how you feel now will pass…

Please hang in there - the right one will appear in time…

Marco

It hasn't.

Hi. I had the burning feeling in the chest and troath for several hours every day, until i was prescribed a ssri (sertraline) on low dosage. I still feel like a piece of trash, but without that somatization. I don't know if it fits you too or what you've tried. If you didn't, pheraps you should try a ssri on high dosages.

peacelovingguy

Its the laws of probability that generally offer some hope.

The laws of probability and the hope of possibility are two forces at play that do throw up various chances for us.

With depression, the likelihood of good things happening decrease mainly because we need to see good things approaching. We have a radar normally - but depression makes us less likely to be observant for the signals which might summon up good times for us.

We think depression will NEVER stop. But like anything else it does have its peaks and troughs. We have learn to recognise this process in ourselves - its not as easy as you think but thankfully we have help in the forms of medications which give us windows of opportunity. How we use those windows makes all the difference.

Panic attacks are 'easy' to solve - with a choice of medication through to cognitive behavioural therapy perhaps.

There are practical tips also. I used to get panic attacks - and job interviews was a big one. I found that if I showered beforehand - gave myself plenty of time to make sure I never ran for buses and trains. I found that if I ran about prior to some engagement that I'd be overheated - like a cartoon character of the man panicking - red faced, sweating, steam rising from his head!

Now I set off early - stroll at a leisurely pace. Arrive well in time. Have a cigarette before I go in. Make myself known - sit down - sometimes pray - usually talk to whoever else is there - wherever I am.

Had a friend panic so much asking a women out that he actually asked her what bank she used!

Also had another friend who once stripped off in a government building after complaining about how hot it was - he stripped off in a panic - ambulance came and so on. He was OK - after some water. Genuine panic attack though - funny also as he saw the funny side of things as bemused civil servants watched him dodge the security guards.

Good luck!

It hasn't.

I love the ocean metaphor - it is so pretty how you express it. I can relate to what you say as well. When I was younger, I thought that more vividly when I first plunged into serious depression, but the good things just never came. I'm 28 now and it's the same story. I figure that sometimes things change for the better and that sometimes they don't. Remembering that life is unfair seems to weirdly help me though. I've also read that happiness is more likely to come to someone if they stop looking for it so much. Also, weirdly enough, I'm gay and wish I was straight or could have someone reciprocal as well, lol.

Hope you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00