its a never ending story

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by assek, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. assek

assek Well-Known Member

just need to rant somewhere, hope you peeps dont mind...

eating disorders SUCK ! i feel like i have no self control. for few weeks i can be right on track , next few weeks ill be binging and purging, next weeks i'll be eating like a 'normal' person...which in turn makes me feel so useless and weak, so go on to starving, then giving in and eating, then feeling so guilty and annoyed that it turns into purging. it really never ends.

someday i wish i wont have to worry about what i can and cant eat. someday i wish that the scale wont determine my self worth.

yet someday i wish that i will be thin.

2. AnotherFallenStar

AnotherFallenStar Well-Known Member

Believe me I know how that feels all too well. I just recently came back from a inpatient treatment center for my eating disorder and tried to recover. I totally felt the exact same way when I was back home on my own. Unfortunately I've relapsed again.
    I do have to say that even though you still want to be thin I believe that those that hope to some day be able to be okay have made the first mental step to getting better. Wouldn't you agree?

May I ask? Do you want recovery at the moment? By the way what is your eating disorder?

If you ever need anyone to talk to you can message me anytime!

3. assek

assek Well-Known Member

not sure about recovery... its really not something im ready for, and i dont feel like my disorder is 'bad' enough...

i was diagnosed with bulimia few years ago.... as i said though, for a few weeks i hardly eat, then for a few weeks i binge and purge...

im sorry you have relapsed...im guessing you have anorexia ? dont you have any follow up appointments following your inpatient stay ?

4. AnotherFallenStar

AnotherFallenStar Well-Known Member

Eating disorders are best treated when you treat them early.
    Yes I am anorexic according to my doctors I have severe and chronic anorexia. I have to admit even with that lable stuck on me I do still think I'm not bad enough for treatment. I'm still seeing my psychiatrist but it's really pointless.... I'll probably end up sounding like a hypocrit to you now but I'm pretty much in the process of hiding what I'm doing from everyone so I can get thin again.

I know I'm not bulimic but I know alot about bulimia and how it is. My best friend who I talk to every second of the day is bulimic. I learned alot about it just by listening to her. Your bulimia sounds really similar to hers.

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Eating disorders are all about contr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.