Its a wonderful life

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by George Bailey, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Bailey

George Bailey Active Member

no one left anymore theyre all gone. no friends, no family, no partner just me, alone. hoping there are some folk on here who will understand and can help me cope with the emptiness, else the alternative is somewhat final. as an only child i never enjoyed my own company and i find all the loneliness intolerable. the thought of being alone and never findin the warmth and love with another is totally depressing. just wanna love and be loved, is that too much to ask? never experienced life alone before and it sucks. its been 4 months alone, pathetically short amount of time i know, and the silence is just deafening and cold. I dont want to leave this life prematurely but nor do i want to spend the rest of my time sad, alone and crying. Coming home every day to a cold empty house is just heartbreakin.

been readin the posts on here, well the open access ones, for some months now and thought what the heck got nothing to lose. I know ultimately only I can help myself but havin some support, and givin some in return, from ppl in a similiar place has got to help cos them there doctors and therapists haven't a clue. how can someone counsel you when they've never experienced the sheer torment of life? just pat you on the head and send you on your way with pills or some jolly good advice and pull yourself together, and if you dont feel any better blah blah blah or the other one is if you can just hang-on (forgive the euphemism) a few more months we should be able to fit you in to see our therapist/counsellor, the waiting list is rather long dont you know. yep way to go society really taking care of the people in crisis!

Oops sorry for the rant. hugs, love and warmth to everyone out there.

Margaret Mead said: "One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder when you are coming home at night."

2. butterflytears

butterflytears New Member

I know it must be very difficult living alone I am on the other side I can have a thousand people around and I still feel lonely In the middle of a crowed room I have found my dog to be a great companion I tell him every thing and he loves with out judgment so maybe a dog or cat can help were you do not feel alone

3. George Bailey

Thank you butterflytears, you are so right, i so miss my old boxer dog she was such a sweetheart. Unfortunately work wise im two months into a nine month full time contract so makes it difficult to keep a pet. However if i can keep goin until i retire i plan on havin a house full of dogs n cats for the company.

It sounds like, for you, the pain of loneliness must be just as intense, even with ppl around you.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sorry you feel so alone i know how that feels glad you are reaching out here to talk make connections that way. It has help me some to not feel so alone
    nice to meet you George

5. George Bailey

Thank you total eclipse hoping that bein on here with such friendly ppl will help me through the dark times.

as Napoleon Bonaparte stated 'Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength' and i see alot of courage here.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

wow hun i like that saying alot how true the words are thanks for sharing them

7. wyngedbyste

wyngedbyste Well-Known Member

There are a lot of great people here. Everyone is supportive and you can always find someone who has things as bad or worse than you.

Like you, I'm alone. I hate it. I'm lucky that I have a cat. She keeps me alive.

Byste

8. George Bailey

thanks byste. I have been fortunate to have shared some truely wonderful moments with a ginger tom. he was a special little man sadly he was another that was lost this year and still pains me now.

9. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi george (sorry don't know your proper name, so i'll just call you george!).

i hope this forum proves useful to you- and that you'll reach out to us and let us help you in any way we can

xxx

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I hope you'll keep reaching out here so we can help you through those times when you're feeling alone. My PM box is always open if you feel like talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.