It's all becoming too much!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tony7, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony7

Tony7 Member

Things have come to a bit of a head today. I have had to admit to myself that I'm exhausted and not safe to be driving by myself, let alone with 70+ passengers as I do at work. I've had to go off sick from work. The second I got back to the office, I was called in and I explained everything about the depression and all the reasons for it and the manager was understanding and nice but still said it may cost me my job as I am already on a written warning for sickness! That's all I need!!!
    Now I just feel utterly hopeless, but I really want to get help. I just don't know what to do. I'm on the venlafaxine 150, having come off citalopram, but only been on the Ven for 3 days, and I feel like I'm not taking any anti depressant at all, just feel miserable, tired, exhausted, and very very low. To the point that I keep have thoughts of how I could end it all. But then I think about my girlfriend and her daughter, who I have grown to love, and it all seems so ridiculous! What can I do??? Who can I talk to about the causes of my depression, without being sent off to a psych unit. Any help appreciated. Please

2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Great job on realizing you were at your limit, I bow down to you in keeping others safety a top priority.

Do you think the mood swings are from changing meds? Can you call your doc and talk to him about what your feeling? Maybe a differant kind or a differant dosage would help.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It will take time for new meds to kick in You job cannot fire you for being sick look into that one okay If your physican gives you medical note for being off then the company cannot just fire you. Maybe get a leave of absence not from your doctor until you are stable. Call your labor board as well and let them know you are being threatened at your job to being fired for sick time. I am glad you did right thing and pulled yourself off road you boss should see how responsible you are for doing that. take care okay get your doctor to get some councilling for your depression be patient as it will take time new meds to work

4. Tony7

Tony7 Member

They have sacked people in the past for 'poor attendance', so i know that it can be done. Its very worrying.
    i went to see my GP this afternoon after going off sick, only to find that the surgery closes on wednesday afternoons!!! I will try to get an appointment tomorrow. Meanwhile, ive come home to my girlfriend, and I cant bring myself to tell her that i had to go off sick, as she knows how close i am to losing my job. and now that is making me feel guilty as well :(

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes but legally can they do this i don't think so speak to someone okay labor board if you have a legit note from doctor you can go on sick leave without being canned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.