Its all going to hell

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by headaches, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headaches

headaches New Member

I'm fed up with things. I have been suffering from headaches, all day every day, for almost a year now. The doctors and hospitals blow me off, dismissing my pain as the product of a diseased mind (I am a hypochondriac, but I can still get sick, damnit!). I feel there is little help for me, because our healthcare system is horrible and no one seems to have a clue, or give a damn. Worse yet though, is my noticeable progressive cognitive decline. It seems that with each passing day, my mind is slipping further away. I don't want to be like my father. Its better to be dead. Unfortunately, I don't have the nerve to go through with it. I think the only way I could do it would be with a gun (for some reason, the method is very important to me). I have considered electrocuting myself in the shower, but again, I can't do it. I simply don't want to suffer anymore. I've been around the block with the healthcare system: medical hospitals, psych wards, crisis homes, etc. I'm at the end of my line, yet I still can't bring myself to end it. Its quite vexing.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Headaches,
    Are you just having headaches or are they migranes? I have a headache everyday and migranes four or five days a month. You need to see a nuerologist. He will order a MRI so they can see if there is something there that doesn't belong.
    My MRI came back clean, just one small spot the size of a pinhead. He prescribed Imitrex for the migranes. The rest of the time I use over the counter Advil Migrane jell tabs. It's not a cure but it helps. I use to be on painkillers for the headaches. I started abusing them takeing four at a time. That is when I decided to quit taking them. He told me they are herrditery. My mom and older sister have them also. My sister that I live with gets them occasionally if she is stressed to much. I hope you find releif.Take Care!~Joseph~

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi headaches. Please don't shoot yourself in the head. Keep insisting with the doctors that they give you the CAT scan, so you can know for sure if there is a tumor etc. If you know in your heart that something is wrong, then they should listen. Also, gun suicide is an awful and very traumatic way to die. Please don't give up. :hug:

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Headaches can drive a person up the wall.
    I had chronic migraines through my teens and had every conceivable test
    apparently they were one step away from epilepsy, in that the same things that would cause a fit (flashing lights etc) were sending me into a migraine.
    Weird thing, I grew out of them and haven't had a serious migraine in years.
    However, I do suffer from sinus induced headaches and have found making sure all sinus passages are unblocked helps, a few drops of olbas oil in hot water and breathe deep for a few minutes.
    Lavender also helps with headaches.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hi headaches, welcome to the forum :) Please don't take your own life:sad: Is there any way that you can be referred to a different doctor? You shouldn't have to suffer with migraines in this day and age. Please get a second opinion and the tests done , I wish you the best of luck...I'm here if you need to talk. :hug:

6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I hear you as far as the pain and the health care system, I think I want to kill myself then I wonder, well people brought me to the shape I am in so why should I let them win

about the only peace I ever get is when I go to sleep and I hope I die in my sleep, then I wake up and my nightmare begins

I dont know how my life will end but it will probably end soon, I dont know if I should take the cowards way out, stick up for myself for once or just die of natural causes which is a possibility

I also dont really want me death to be painful which is my other dilemma

I am confused

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I care. I live in California, the capitol that suffers most from over inflated budgets. But I also suffer from depression and suicide. We have to find strength in each other and know that other people relate to and empathize with our pain. Please don't leave me alone in the struggle against depression.

While we may be naturally inclined to depression, we aren't forced to succumb to it. Please don't leave me alone with my pain. Every day is a day I struggle and survive do to this forum and the people within it.

You aren't alone. At all. I mean this most sincerely.

You are cared for.

James.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.