It's all pointless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by happypeople, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happypeople

happypeople Active Member

Ive reached the peak of feeling like shit this week. feeling completely hopeless with life, life is pointless for me, the only reason i live now is because i dont think i could kill myself. there are things in life for me though that make me forget how i trully feel, alcohol/tv/other random shit, but its too little. how do u people here who have felt this pointlessness longer then me live day to day? ive felt like this for a few years and its taken a toll. i just live one empty day to another, one empty month to another. just going to work, coming home, doing random things, then it starts again.

i havent found people in real life who even slightly understand me, i dont wanna go out with people like that who dont understand me at all. im thinking of quitting work and doing nothing again, im tired of doing anything, its pointless. i know were here on this earth to survive, but im at the point where i just wanna give up.

i wanna go outside right now and just walk for hours doing nothing, and then not come in for work tomorow and just sleep till the afternoon.

2. ace

ace Well-Known Member

If it's any consulation I know how you're feeling and I'm serious,I know what it's like feeling so hopeless lying on the bed and uninterested in doing anything.This is not you doing it and definitely not easy to get out of,I struggle with motivation especially when I'm down.My mood's swing alot from up and down and I can't be bothered alot of the time.

That's the thing people who don't know what it's like simply just don't understand,it appear's alot easier for them as they have never been in your shoes.But when you talk to someone who understand's it makes a hell of alot of difference.To be honest I don't know how I go on at times just prodding along day after day.The thing is all you can do is try your best,it wont be easy of course but that's all you can do and if you don't feel like doing anything there is only so much you can push yourself.

Remember if you don't feel like doing anything and only want to sleep and have tried to be active,it's not your fault I just wanted to let you know this as it is such a hard thing to do.

3. happypeople

happypeople Active Member

thanks for the advice man, ya i dont know wut to do, when im active or doing nothing the feeling is the same, its like something in my head decides when its time to feel depressed or feel normal. but most of the time i have that hopelessness and life is pointless feeling.

4. ace

ace Well-Known Member

No probs mate:smile:,Sadly it's the depression does that to you I know it's so rotten and distressing.I try and get out of the house and do thing's and my mood swing's from upbeat to distressing in no time,it makes living and doing everyday easy task's a real pain that simply people just don't understand.I know the feeling you're going through and you do your absolute best to pull out of it but it just doesn't happen.

I know that's why all you can do is try your best and I know you're doing that,it's so hard I know I really understand your pain please keep at it you're trying your best.

5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Like ace said, your doing your best. Nobody can expect any more than that from you. Not even yourself. And what's wrong with you doing exactly what you said, taking a long walk,not returning to work and sleeping all day. Don't you deserve a day? You are much more important than any job. Maybe taking such a drastically different day will be enough to help push you up out of the rut your in. I suffer severe mood swings because of my depression and other mental health issues. So I really do know what you are feeling and saying. If you ever need to talk, my pm is there for you. Hold on this will pass. Let me and ace be there for you until it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.