Its amazing how nothing has changed.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Lucille, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucille

Lucille Member

I took an overdose with <mod edit: bunny - methods> tablets a few months ago and was admitted into The Priory under suicide watch. When I first found out I was going to be okay I was so relieved, and convinced that this was the beginning of a fresh new start for me. I was discharged a few weeks ago and ever since I've come back I've felt exactly the same, maybe even worse because the thought that even rehab didn't help me makes me feel more depressed and helpless. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear you were not effected to seriously by taking what you did. I know it is hard when you feel as if things are about to change and then the same old stuff rears its ugly head and you are back to where you started. try not to be too discouraged and see if you can find those feelings deep down inside of you that said things were going to be different. What can you do to believe this and hold on to them? Often times we slip back into the familiar feelings because we either don't know how to feel any differently, or we are afraid to. I hope you can find the good feelings again. Please take care and stay safe. :hug:

3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Lucille hun, i understand you too well. While we are protected in therapy or a ward it seems many times to be worse when we get out. The point is that nth has changed when we get out in our environment, it must be us to find the positive part of our life. Many times it takes us a long time to understand that our surroundings wont change, but we must work with ourselves and find happiness. Hope you will feel better soon and i do hope you will find some support here in SF. Please feel free to pm me anytime, i would like to help you to my ability.
    Take care,
    Beret xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.