it's become a huge part of me

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FoReVeR LoSt, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

everyday after work, all i want to do is come home, get my pj's on and just drink. It just helps me with everything that is going on. when i go out to a restaurant and i'm not driving, i'll have a drink or 2, when i go to the bar, i can't stop myself from drinking, and it's not like 2 drinks, it's to the point where i can't walk anymore and i don't know where i am. I rely on alcohol too much and i don't want to, but i just can't stop. I can't get myself to stop. Now that i'm on anti depressants too, it's making the urges worse for me. I want to drink even more, cause i know that mixing the 2 will have a greater effect on the whole situation. WHAT DO I DO?!?! any advice?

2. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I do the same thing, so I don't have any good advice on how to stop. If I did, then I would stop myself. I just wanted to post to let you know that you are not alone :hug:.

Are you having any counselling or therapy along with your meds? If not, seek some out. If so, let your counsellor/therapist know about your issues with alcohol.

In our case, the drinking is symptomatic of the depression, rather than a primary problem in itself. I guess (and hope) that when our depression fades so will the need to abuse alcohol this way.

PM me anytime if you want to talk. I'm away this week but if you do PM I'll reply as soon as I'm back online.

Take care,

~Nobody~ x

3. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

I can relate to both of you. I posted this in another thread but the only thing that has helped me is finding something more important than that next drink.

Sometimes I decide not to drink b/c a good friend of mine was killed years ago by a drunk driver. Even though I'm not driving I'll go w/out a drink in honor of him.

That's the only thing that has worked for me so far. Problem is sometimes you don't want to even think about a reason not to -- you just want a drink. :sad:

4. ~Nobody~

Too true! :no:

5. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

I know i have been through exactly what you guys are going through.

I don't really have much good advice to give you.
    the catalyst for me giving up (or atleast cutting back to safe amounts) was rolling my car 3 times into a ditch while Drunk.
    i went cold turkey not to long after that.

It was not good at all, i was halucinating, i was phyiscally sick, and i passed out in the end. going cold turkey is not a good way to do things.
    I ended up in Hospital they gave me pills to ease the side affects and kept me for observation for a few days. My side effects were not only caused by alcohol, they wer caused by my medication being mixed with it.

well i guess the only thing that i can give as advice is, to get help, addmit you have a problem and get help. talk to the Dr., Go to AA something like that.
    you don't have to suffer alone, they can help in many ways.

i hope this helps. come find me if you need to talk.

Luv, Josh

6. ~Nobody~

I'm sorry you went through such experiences :sad: :hug:.

I don't drive, so I guess that incentive doesn't work for me. In fact, it's an incentive (along with the cost of lessons) for me not to learn to drive! :rolleyes:

Cold turkey's rough. I get some withdrawal symptoms if I go more than one day without alcohol. It's quite scary, I don't know quite what would happen if I literally didn't have any and couldn't get any for a long time. But that doesn't seem likely to happen so...

Great at making excuses, aren't we :unsure:.

7. First start off my using more water in ur drinks or pop or juice. Make it longer to get drunk. U'll get used to it over time, then it will be easy to quit altogether.

8. kennyOrange

kennyOrange New Member

Why not something else that will keep you commany. Like a hobbie!
    Yeaaa build a ship in a bottle or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.