It's been a while since I was last here.

Rich1952

SF Supporter
I forgot I had an account here from a few years ago. I'll try not to ramble too much here. Here goes:

I've had good days and bad days. I had a good day last week when my stimulus check came. I have good days when I accomplish something. I have bad days when something unexpected happens that upsets me. Yesterday was one of those bad days.

I am deep in debt, again. My current source of income is from Social Security. I am trying to work on my own from home writing articles. I did get a loan earlier this month to help make ends meet, so that was a good day. And as I said the stimulus check came, which helps a lot.

But yesterday I got unexpected bills from my doctors' offices. I say unexpected because I have a medical supplement plan from AARP, which is supposed to pay those bills. And they weren’t paid, for some reason. Maybe they are mistakes, and I contacted the hospitals about them, but have yet to receive a reply. I also tried contacting AARP, but got no reply. So now I am really upset that I might have to pay these unexpected bills that I cannot pay. And what happens the next time I see these doctors?

And then this thing with the shootings in Boulder. I have been an advocate in favor of gun control for over 40 years, and nothing seems to get done. I can’t stand seeing these mass shootings! And I know that nothing will be done about them again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

I wish I could win the lottery and moved to New Zealand, where there is no gun violence. But I know that won’t happen. So I think the next best thing is to say goodbye to this life. Just when I think things will work out, I get unexpected bills, and I get distracted by things like mass shootings or some other issue in the news. It makes me so unhappy that all this is crashing down on me.

I want to keep going to try and make money, but then bills come up and it all seems futile. I get more and more depressed as I’m writing this to you today. So I guess I’ll stop for now.

Thank you for reading this.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Welcome back, I'm glad you've remembered where we are.

It's so hard when awful things happen. I know I struggle myself when the news is particularly bad. When these things happen it's easy to see the world as a dark and desperate place and it's hard to see things improving. Our depression really doesn't help with this as it makes it hard, if not almost impossible to see the good that's happening all around us.

It goes against all my natural instincts but I now really try to limit my exposure to the news. I no longer read any news online as some of the comments underneath are even worse than the actual story. And when I there is something on the news that I know will get to me when there's absolutely nothing I can do about I will turn it off. I hate it, it feels like I'm burying my head in the sand but for my own safety I have to switch off.

Rich1952

SF Supporter
Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if anyone was gonna answer.

I get you about turning off the news, but it's very tough for me to ignore. Also, gun control has been an issue with me for 40 years, and I want to do what I can to help in this matter. I can't do anything about what happened in Boulder or Atlanta or anywhere, but I feel I can be a part of helping prevent this in the future.

I hope that the hospitals that I owe money to can help me figure this out with my bills, which I cannot pay anyway. Because if they can't help to solve those issues, nobody else can.

Thank you again for replying.

I forgot I had an account here from a few years ago. I'll try not to ramble too much here. Here goes:

I've had good days and bad days. I had a good day last week when my stimulus check came. I have good days when I accomplish something. I have bad days when something unexpected happens that upsets me. Yesterday was one of those bad days.

I am deep in debt, again. My current source of income is from Social Security. I am trying to work on my own from home writing articles. I did get a loan earlier this month to help make ends meet, so that was a good day. And as I said the stimulus check came, which helps a lot.

But yesterday I got unexpected bills from my doctors' offices. I say unexpected because I have a medical supplement plan from AARP, which is supposed to pay those bills. And they weren’t paid, for some reason. Maybe they are mistakes, and I contacted the hospitals about them, but have yet to receive a reply. I also tried contacting AARP, but got no reply. So now I am really upset that I might have to pay these unexpected bills that I cannot pay. And what happens the next time I see these doctors?

And then this thing with the shootings in Boulder. I have been an advocate in favor of gun control for over 40 years, and nothing seems to get done. I can’t stand seeing these mass shootings! And I know that nothing will be done about them again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

I wish I could win the lottery and moved to New Zealand, where there is no gun violence. But I know that won’t happen. So I think the next best thing is to say goodbye to this life. Just when I think things will work out, I get unexpected bills, and I get distracted by things like mass shootings or some other issue in the news. It makes me so unhappy that all this is crashing down on me.

I want to keep going to try and make money, but then bills come up and it all seems futile. I get more and more depressed as I’m writing this to you today. So I guess I’ll stop for now.

Good morning @Rich1952, I too recently rediscovered my account on this forum after a 3 year absence. Its kind of neat to discover this space again, isn't it? Yeah, I hear you brother, I just got hit with an unexpected $6,500 bill yesterday, and my first reaction is "why me?...and then some internal explative." The financial pattern of my life is such that once I get on a good track... whamo!! an unexpected bill of some sort to be paid (like yesterday) surfaces without fail. It doesn't end, not in the past or future, it seems to be the reality of living in our particular society. Again, I'm happy you discovered this space (SF), it is a healing space, peace to you brother.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter

Hi @Rich1952 and welcome back. However I am sorry to hear about your our doctor bills and of course the recent tragedy in Colorado. I can see how being an advocate for gun control would make this news excruciating. For others, at least me, I see it through a news feed and don't know anyone effected do unless I really think about it, I can turn it on and off in my head.

I also wanted to say thank you for fighting for a cause you believe in.

Regarding the doctor bills. I've heard that even if you pay a small amount each month that that's enough. I'm sorry I wish I had more, but maybe there are others that can advise. I know social security requires budgeting to say the least. I do hope you tend to have more better than worse days. Hope to see you around here too.

Rich1952

SF Supporter
Hi @Rich1952 and welcome back. However I am sorry to hear about your our doctor bills and of course the recent tragedy in Colorado. I can see how being an advocate for gun control would make this news excruciating. For others, at least me, I see it through a news feed and don't know anyone effected do unless I really think about it, I can turn it on and off in my head.

I also wanted to say thank you for fighting for a cause you believe in.

Regarding the doctor bills. I've heard that even if you pay a small amount each month that that's enough. I'm sorry I wish I had more, but maybe there are others that can advise. I know social security requires budgeting to say the least. I do hope you tend to have more better than worse days. Hope to see you around here too.
Thank you. One good thing about being an advocate is that I can respond to people on Facebook, either the other advocates or the naysayers, and feel confident with my responses. But it really doesn't ease the pain when an event like a mass-shooting happens.

I do go next week to one of the clinics, so hopefully I can talk in person to the billing there, if nothing is resolved beforehand. The other doctor's office, actually the hospital, I will go to in a couple of weeks for my 2nd vaccine shot (which is good), so if nothing is resolved by then I can talk to billing there too.

I know I can do a partial payment plan, but what bothers me more is that I thought with my supplement I didn't have to pay anything. So I have to see if I need a new supplement plan or what is going on. Medicare insurance is so confusing with all the plans!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00