It's been a while

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sunset1989, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset1989

Sunset1989 New Member

Hi all, I first joined this forum back in early 2009.

I got over the worst of my thoughts, and experienced a few happy years- and now I'm back after a lapse!

I'm not going to bore you all with my life story and experiences, but I do remember how great it was to get thoughts down on this forum- so I'll try to reach a happy medium!

Basically around 1 year ago I was diagnosed with depression after going to the doctors for something completely unrelated. I didn't realise how low I was feeling- to me, feeling low was normal, but it became so routine, it became my "normal".

With some encouragement I got put onto a course of anti-depressants- I'm still on them now albeit on a higher dose. I say "on them" loosely, I go through phases of not taking them to make me feel human again, but the downs come with it.

Thankfully the same tablets treat my anxiety, so they are doing the job.

Since leaving school (which is quickly becoming a distant memory as it was nearly 10 years ago now!) friends have gone their own ways and I've never really made any more close friends. I find it hard to meet new people- I'm quite the introvert!

I now feel stuck in a routine, with no friends to help break up this monotony.

I don't know where this will end- if it will end. I've done it once, I just hope I can do it again.

I'll try to frequent these forums more often, it's a great help knowing that you're all out there. These forums are the friend I never had.

2. KnightFalls

KnightFalls Well-Known Member

I too have discovered friendship and acceptance here. Welcome back.

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Welcome back.
    It's good to have a safe place to go sometimes. This is a good one. :)

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i joined same year you did hun i have found this place a safe place to come to hun to just talk and not feel so alone welcome back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.