It's Been A While

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by alimar, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

... Since I was last here, end of 2007 actually... been browsing for a little while and figured it was time to properly say hello!

Life is crap... can get sod all support from the so called mental health brigade despite an overdose on Sunday... I practically begged for help this afternoon with the Duty Officer and asked if I could have some CPN input. It stopped last July with my regular CPN because I started to attend a therapy group weekly. I am still in the therapy group, 17 months to go and I am getting something from it. However still seriously struggling with the endless changes in mood and the fact all anyone wants to offer me are anti depressants which do nothing...

I last saw the PDOC on 13th February, I was determined to get them to take me off 200mg of Sertraline because it was doing nothing, he wouldn’t and said I was to reduce it to 100mg. I’ve gradually reduced to 150mg and now since Friday am on 100mg, my mood is just plummeting more and more each day...

I have frantically been selling things in the house and cleaning like crazy because, well because I am sure you can guess what is in my mind.

For the past four months my life has revolved around hospitals as my mum’s been in for four months and I am just tired and lost... I’ve had more than enough.

I have no idea what else to do...
  2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi there & welcome back,

I only joined last May so we probably haven't spoke before. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with things at the moment.

Did the duty officer appoint you a new CPN or is it possible to see your old one again? Is it not possible to have your CPN & attend group? The CPN's in my area are the ones who run a lot of the group sessions, is this different to your area?

You may have felt that your meds were not doing anything but as you have reduced your dose & you're starting to feel worse then perhaps they were working after all, just not as much as you would have liked.

Take care & I hope to see you around :hug:

Claire xx
  3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x
  4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i'm sorry you are going through such a tough situation..... i know it is really really hard, but please continue to hold on. . .

you can get through this - and let us help you. it is very positive that you reached out and let us know - - pm if you want to talk (and there are many others here that feel the same) no matter what, please stay. life can change in one instant. . . . but you have to stay alive - to have that opportunity. you don't feel hopeful - but i can feel hopeful, for, and about you. and i do. you are strong to get through this much - you can continue, i know it. my pm box is always open. i care about you xxxx :console:
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Nice to see you again alimar. i am sorry things aren't getting better and the past few months have seemed to get much worse. You do have support here with us. sometimes talking and getting your thoughts and feelings out in the open can be a relief. together we can get through. :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome back :) :hug:
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome back!!
  8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the forums.
  9. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome Back to SF!