its been a while

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by asvt, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

It's been a while since i felt the need to post here. I was working at oakwood theme park and it helped my confidence and perception of life dramatically but since it's stopped due to end of season im back to having no friends or a social life. i have managed to push myself to go to uni and study psychology, which is going ok i guess its just that i feel so sad and depressed all the time now thinking whats the point. And im just drinking way too much at the moment because of this. I NEED HELP AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sorry to hear you are so down..Drinking isn't the answer because it is a depressant..Having a few everynow and then is o.k. but staying drunk is no good.. Are there any social clubs you could join?? Why don't you try calling some of the friends you worked with..Sitting home alone is not good.. Trust me I know because I have been locked in my bedroom for the last 17 years..Isolation really sucks..

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

it seems that you must have liked working where you did. im sure that you must have been interactive with the patrons there. maybe you need to find another job and keep yourself busy. it helped you build much needed confidence ... what happened to make you loose that when you left ?
    the only one that can control that is you.
    you need to get out and keep busy. you did what you did and you improved, get back up and go again.

4. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys and yeah i definately want another job but i live in a small town and no one is hiring i've dropped off CV's everywhere. whats really getting me down since not working is that i have no social interactions with anyone. There is literally no social clubs here i've looked high and low there is a rugby club but i have to wear glasses all the time and would't be able to play. I just need something to keep me going. But theres nothing around here its such a shit hole of a town.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya hun!

I really think you should try and quit/cut down on the alcohol, it could possibly be worsening your depression. I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely, I can relate, feel free to pm me if you need to talk :)
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thats is a problem with small towns not so much activity How about volunteering your time to food bank animal shelter hospitals nrsg homes get out amongst people even if it is just to go grocery shopping get out of your house stop drinking NO one like to socialize with someone hung over Go swimming do something to keep you occupied.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.