It's been almost a year (September 21st 2012) and...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by mickknipple, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mickknipple

mickknipple New Member

I lost my brother Barry to suicide almost a year ago and I'm still finding it hard not blaming his son for pushing him to the breaking point. His daughter (my niece) has approach me and tried to explain to me that years ago he had some very dark moments which could have ended badly, but didn't. My mother & father are obviously devastated and I'm certain my brother never shared these moments with them (or me for that matter) and I'm not sure where to go from here? I'm sure my brother wouldn't want me shunning his only son but his son isn't completely innocent (as I verified through speaking with the police after the suicide) but he's certainly not the sole cause of my brothers death as his daughter revealed to me from past experiences. So my dilemma is; what do I do because I'm extremely lost in the grief and I'm finding it hard not blaming his son for my brothers suicide and I'm certain that my parents may never forgive his son for what happened but I do realize that it was my brothers choice to take his own life and blaming someone else for his actions is wrong, and I know that.

RIP BWK Jr.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry hun for the lost of your brother. I lost my bro to suicide too and it was and still very hard not to blame others

I hope you can get some counseling or therapy to help you work through all your emotions and thoughts
    I found therapy help me some Hugs to you

3. mickknipple

mickknipple New Member

Thanks for the words of comfort and I too hope you can get through your grief.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks hun one day at a time ok and talk to someone it really helps just to be able to talk about your brother to someone that will listen and not judge