It's been awhile...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xdontxmindxmex2, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, so, I am 15 years old, and I have bipolar disorder. Starting from when I was about 12, I started getting really depressed (as well as manic because of the bipolar disorder) and resorted to cutting myself. I was hospitalized once because I said I wanted to kill myself.

For the most part, I've been doing really well lately. I've been keeping my emotions in check and my medications are well balanced, but tonight, for no reason in particular, I'm feeling worse than I have in a long time. It's bad enough that it's making me want to cut myself.

I haven't really cut myself in about half a year. I've of course had urges, but I'm normally pretty good about dealing with them. This time I'm not sure if I can hold back.

Help? I really hate feeling like this. And I'm afraid that the feeling won't go away.

2. Susan_G

Susan_G Well-Known Member

Helo

I am going to tell you why you are lucky. You got diagnosed early. I was nine when I was sent to the school psychologist. They didn't know much back then ( 33 years ago). I said I didn't want to talk and that was it.

The next twelve years were bad. I finally found the right doctors and meds.

Your feeling bad again is not the end of the world. You might need a med change or just a dosage adjustment. there might be some issues at home or school that is triggering your sudden down swing. Talk it over with a trusted adult friend or you doctor.

One more thing. Bipolar Disorder is the most treatable of all mental illnesses.

Take care
    S_G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.