Its been awhile..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by emack54, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emack54

emack54 Well-Known Member

Hi all--
    Geez I dont even remember the last time I posted on this site. Anyway my name is emack and I am a twenty something female living in the Midwest. Last June I got discharged from a long term psychiatric facility after being in there about a year. I was doing okay at keeping my suicidial/self harm feelings and urges at bay. In fact I thought that I had moved past them all together, but the last few days they have all crept back up. In fact last night was the first time I had self harmed since May. I am just feeling lonely, desparate, and sad. I just dont know what I am going to do to help myself back up to the good place I was in when I got discharged. I do see an outpatient therapist and psychiatrist, but right now I am in a I dont give a damn kind of mood. Well I hope all is okay.

2. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

Hi emack - sorry to hear you're not feeling well right now. It sounds like you've been through a lot in the past few weeks and it has triggered this most recent setback. I hope that BPD book continues to be a good read for you. The thing to keep focused on right now is that you've been at this point before and have worked your way out of it. Did you have many groups during your long hospitalization? Do you have any notes or journals you can refer to that might help you remember some of the skills you learned when you were there? Sometimes I need to refer back to the worksheets from my partial hospitalization that I had last winter. It's so easy to forget things once you feel better.

If things continue to get bad this weekend, is there a crisis number you can call to speak to someone at your pdoc's office? Please do what you need to do to stay safe until you are able to talk to your pdoc or therapist, and be sure to call them Monday. I know what you mean about not giving a damn, but sometimes you just have to make the call.

Hang in there - you will get through this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.