It's been over 2 years...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by unidentifiable, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unidentifiable

unidentifiable Well-Known Member

Why am I all of the sudden wanting to cut? Like, I was fine. Sure, I had thoughts every now and again of cutting, but they weren't actual urges- more of a reminder. Now I have the urges again and I like the idea of committing to it. I'm just scared that I won't be able to stop. I am doing so much better these days. I don't want to drag myself down again after all of this hard work... but the urges.

2. MWC

MWC Member

Sorry to hear that you are feeling like this. Has something happened that has triggered these urges?

3. unidentifiable

I mean, I guess it's cause I'm coming off of my medications? Maybe i just need to readjust to being off of medication for the first time in over four years?
    Thank you for replying, by the way. It means a lot to me

4. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

I cut too. Only it's on and off, a random pattern. They say cutting is a coping stragedy to survive and prevents you from committing suicide but I don't know... I'm on meds as well yet I slashed up my shoulder yesterday.. Don't be scared. I'm sure you have all the strength inside you to not let SH get out of hand. You've gone without SH for two years. See it as proof that you don't need to hurt yourself in order to cope with life. I hope you'll be ok. :)

5. unidentifiable

Thank you, I know I *probably* won't let myself cut, because of my girlfriend and I don't want to disappoint her.. but the urges are still there. :/ I hope you'll be ok too. Actually, I know you'll be ok, cause if you're on medication, that's at least showing that you're trying to recover.. you know? But I appreciate immensely that you took the time to comment. If you ever wanna talk, I'm here

6. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

You're welcome :) It's not every day that I try to help another person because I get so caught up in my own problems... PM me anytime and I'll gladly be there for you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.