Its been over a year and here I am thinking...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by texaskitty, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

razor blades. I still have the kit under my bed.

People use me. They are my friend until something better comes along.

I need cataract surgery, but guess what there is no one to take me.

I will be cutting again tonight and that is a shame.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Angie, NO!
    If I could I would have taken you and am sure there are many here who would too.
    Cutting isn't going to solve a thing, other than to make you feel even worse tomorrow.
    Think of all you've achieved and know you are valued. :hugsquish:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun don't harm you ok please hun we all care about you I wish i lived near you i would take you for sure Please hun please be kind to you please hugs

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Please do not do anything. You need to speak to someone. Remember you have survived a year and says alot about you. Isnt there anyone who can go with you?

Pllease take care and keep posting.

5. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you for your support. I didn't hurt myself. Its just hard when your illness comes back with a vengenance.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm glad to hear that you didn't hurt yourself hun, you are worth so much and there are tons of people here who care about you :hug: It does suck when you relapse, but you have managed for a year, this is just a blip which will pass and you will be able to manage another year and more without wanting or needing to SH.

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

So glad you made it and are ok :)

8. total eclipse

Just know hun you are not alone ok please continue to reach out here ok Phone your doctor or therpist and make extra appt for you ok Hugs to you

9. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I am glad too.... Perhaps think of an image while things are rough? Look at how it is composed, what it is made of, the colors etc. Try to distract if you can, I know it's not easy. Could you bring yourself to get rid of what you have maybe? (And no, I can't... It's like a security blanket). :hug:

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi TexasKitty, I'm glad to hear you did not do anything. It's going to take time and just take care.

11. Autumn1428

Autumn1428 New Member

All I can say is I've been there and still struggling. Not with cataracts, but with cutting. The difference, I gave in. It was almost 2 yrs that I stopped. A few months, things got crappy with my then bf, I was drunk, and yeah. Here I am, back off the band wagon, so to speak. I'm not telling you because I'm comparing, but because I know how you feel. I hope you haven't cut since you posted this. PM me maybe we can help each other :)

12. total eclipse

I too hope you are ok TK please hun know we care hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.