It's been so long...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by laurenelizabeth09leb, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurenelizabeth09leb

laurenelizabeth09leb Well-Known Member

Ugh I am so frustrated. I've been doing so good with my depression and now all the sudden BAM there it is again.
    I've turned my life around and I'm glad that I did, the only thing that is frustrating me now is that it feels like it's all gone down the drain...

Honestly it just makes me feel like I've done all that work for nothing...
    I can't start therapy again until August which sucks because I know it will get me back on track again.
    Summer classes are only going to distract me more I think but I still need to do them. Needless to say the people in my life aren't helping a whole lot and just blah...I want this to go away. I want to stop being so sad and depressed all the time. I know what it's like to be happy and I wantthat back again... Blech...

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

do you know what helped you get better?

do you know what made things get worse?

I think that if you have negative people in your life it's easy to get dragged down by them

Is there a way that you can get away from them?

regular, gentle, low-impact aerobic exercise can help. about 1/2 hour a day, just enough to sweat a little bit

meditation can help

I recommend the book in my signature

you've done well in the past and I think that you can get through this. sounds like you've hit a bump in the road though.

hopefully you can get some support here from us!

I hope that things get better soon!

:hug:

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hi-I think you deserve to be congratulated on turning things around in your life. It's unfortunate that you can't seek therapy for a good chunk of time, but with any luck, perhaps your summer school will give you something positive to focus on. The devastation of depression's return following a period of supreme happiness is an experience I have had the pleasure of mastering. I think that it is cruel, brutal & downright demoralizing to try and stop the tidal waves from toppling oneself again and again and again. So, if there's a secret to staying in +ve territory, I've yet to find it. But if I do, I won't hesitate to pass it along to you.

4. laurenelizabeth09leb

I'll happily look up the book and see if I can find it. I find reading helps some too every so often. Thank you for the advice :)

And thank you also MisterBGone I appreciate it.

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

6. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

do your best to keep busy...travel if you can...get a second job if you can...it will distract you...

your original post, btw, feels like i wrote every word of that...

i assume you're in therapy through college? are you sure the health center doesn't see students during the summer? if so, there are usually therapy places in the community...some of them are even really cheap ($5 to $50, depending on what you can pay)...

7. laurenelizabeth09leb

As far as the second job that I cant do.
    Yes im doing therapy through college. The main problem was I ran out of sessions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.