It's Easier To Be Sad Than Be Happy

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

In sooooooooooooooooooooooo many ways.

Sorrow takes very little effort. It requires no money, as a matter of fact no money often leads to sorrow.

But sorrow, is real. Sadness requires only it's aknowledgement.

Happiness on the other hand. Happiness takes work. It doesnt always need money, but more money can lead one towards happiness.

It is that very phenomena that leads people to not better themselves. People tend to get comfortable with their surroundings, their environment. It may not be what they had wanted for themselves, but to go from where they are at, to pure happiness, would require effort that for many people, either the desire isnt their, or lack of ability prevents.

If you want a great paying job with a great career for example, one might go back to school and get a degree.

Well that takes a ton of moolah, extra time in the day, etc.

As I enter back into my relationship with my wife, I realized that happiness isnt going to just come to me. I have to work for it. So does she.

I may have been in great pain and cried harder than I ever had before last Christmas day, but....sorrow is a simple emotion, isnt it?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i get what your saying saddness is something im comfortable with and know how to deal with happiness is foreign and scarey because it not suppose to happen to me.. Sorrow is an emotion one brought on by disappointment rejection abandonment etc etc. It is hard work to work through this emotion of sorrow to see how and why it has come on but one has to in order to reach a peace within one self then when that peace has been reached happiness i feel will soon follow. The work will be worth it in the end but one has to chose to change and stick with it. Hard work yes i agree 100 percent.

3. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I know I know.

The thing is I feel i've been sad my whole life, even when I was a child I could feel it. All I think about sometimes at night is fading away. I can only wish suicide wasn't so difficult and did not have so many consequences. In all honesty I feel I was never meant to be here. I don't know if anyone else feels that.

4. sorry

sorry Member

I agree with you.
    Happiness is harder to come by. Sadness no sweat.
    With me, I usually don't know what to make of favourable circumstances that always leave me the depression and sorrow..Yeah I have been sad for the better part of my life too, darkrider. Your post made me think back to the nights I have spent wondering if I am next to nothing. And you don't gain anything for being nothing. Heck, you might as well be lost and gone.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

And so we who suffer have a decision to make. Continue to suffer or get to work and try and become happy err at least happier.

6. the problem is, happyness is not just hard to come by. its impossible. completely impossible.

7. adalana

adalana Member

^
    ^

agree

and the worst part is, whenever the happines come, it will go again in no time

at least that what i always felt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.